AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Genuinely think I'm going to put a proposal forward to the club regarding changes to it, so if anybody can or wants to help then let me know.

No. I like Jack Woodward, okay, he's not the best commentator but I really don't agree with all the abuse he gets.

What Villaajax said!

JW and his team probably do it on a shoestring budget, he has to fluff it up and be positive, he also can't ask the probing questions that the club don't want asked. Not to mention, AVTV needs to appeal to men, women and kids that have AVTV & season tickets, so I'm sure many people find the footage/features good enough to fill half an hour on a Sunday night.

• Like 1

Jack Woodward is terrible. I do think with all due respect to him need someone who can provide better interviews and has some actual wit. There's a few times you can basically see Lambert thinking 'oh dear' as he asks a question. He's definitely annoying him during this Germany tour, Lambert keeps stressing it's about fitness and that they shouldn't worry about scoring goals and Jack goes and asks him right after saying it's great Weimann has scored, opening his account.

In regards to AVTV, I'm subscribed and honestly it sucks. Some money should be spent there to improve production values and actually provide us with more content. Someone also stated it's irritating that we don't have any old matches on there since the revamp :/

What should Woodward ask in the post match interview then?

"So, fitness levels appear to be picking up"

"And.. Those fitness levels ay? They'll pick up even more soon"

They announced coverage of the 6 friendlies back in the UK so thats a big :thumb:.
If they could start with similar coverage of the u21 team I'd have no complaints at all.

Have just watched the post Bochum match interview between Woodward and Lambert.

At one point, I thought Lambert was about to burst out laughing, he's starts to smirk during one of JW's trademark rambling and sprawling questions that never seem to end!!!!

Jack Woodward is terrible. I do think with all due respect to him need someone who can provide better interviews and has some actual wit. There's a few times you can basically see Lambert thinking 'oh dear' as he asks a question. He's definitely annoying him during this Germany tour, Lambert keeps stressing it's about fitness and that they shouldn't worry about scoring goals and Jack goes and asks him right after saying it's great Weimann has scored, opening his account.

In regards to AVTV, I'm subscribed and honestly it sucks. Some money should be spent there to improve production values and actually provide us with more content. Someone also stated it's irritating that we don't have any old matches on there since the revamp :/

What should Woodward ask in the post match interview then?

"So, fitness levels appear to be picking up"

"And.. Those fitness levels ay? They'll pick up even more soon"

He could ask about tactics, individual fitness and roles, how new players will fit in, how Lambert is changing how we play, Lamberts views on how German football is different, there is a hell of a lot of interesting stuff he could be asking, not least being he could ask about players other than goal scorers and goal keepers.

I am not asking for much, just stepping up his questions to be more football related and take the funny man routine down a notch.

To his credit Jack can be a decent match commentator and his comments clearly indicate he actually knows something about football, but he just turns off when he is doing interviews with the team/manager and asks some inane nonsense.

Look at yesterday when he had Faulkner in an interview. He doesnt have to ask any awkward questions but asking Faulkner where he plans to take the club with Lambert and a retrospective on last season particularly january's bold decisions would have been great. Instead he asked him about morale and team bonding or some such.

He has a challenge with Lambert who is a dour bastard at the best of times I will give him that, but still Jack and the AVTV team could up their game and provide a lot more value IMHO.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

They are the same questions. I would like them to be spruced up a bit. Especially to Lambert as he has the mental capacity to cope with more challenging questions, unlike some of the players. 

Doesn't AVTV have a female host as well? I remember her conducting Tonev's first interview. I've never even seen her though.

She's in the Tom Hanks video

Shaving Ryan's privates? ...... or am I thinking of something else?

• Like 1

tell us more...

At the end of the Awards night Lambert gave a speech and he teased a few of the winners, saying he doesn't understand most of what Weimann says and that the speech Benteke gave was the most he'd ever heard him speak etc.

Then he turned his attention to Woodwards saying he'd sleep well that night after Woodward boring him senseless throughout the night, He was joking I think but Lambert seems very dry humoured so that added to it.

tell us more...

At the end of the Awards night Lambert gave a speech and he teased a few of the winners, saying he doesn't understand most of what Weimann says and that the speech Benteke gave was the most he'd ever heard him speak etc.

Then he turned his attention to Woodwards saying he'd sleep well that night after Woodward boring him senseless throughout the night, He was joking I think but Lambert seems very dry humoured so that added to it.

Also he spoke about Guzan.

Do you remember in the game against Norwich away when we won 1-2 and Guzan randomly with like 2 minutes to go, tried to come get a cross that he was never going to get and I think it was Holt beat him to it and the header was inches wide of a gaping goal.

Lambert said something along the lines of:

"I mean he's won this award - fantastic, but I nearly shit myself when he went for that ball at Norwich!" 

• Like 3

Â