AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So 3 days before the start of the season....do we have anyone to commentate on our games or at least interview the players/manager?

Our last uploaded video on our youtube channel was some advert on the new kit....3 weeks ago.

No pre season highlights, no players interviews.

Not great.

Re: commentating - I believe that as part of the cost cutting exercise by Hollis, we let go the team responsible for that. I'm sure I saw somewhere that AVTV will share commentary with BBC WM.

As for interviews etc - who actually watched this stuff? Enough people to make it a worthwhile service? I'm not too sure - especially as I'd they have ten times the number of free accounts through season tickets than people actually paying for it. I'm sure they'd have analysed the viewing stats - looked at how much is cost the club - wages on the many staff, equipment, travel costs etc and quite rightfully scaled back whilst interest would be even lower in the Championship at a club that was (and maybe still is - I don't know) haemorrhaging money. 

4 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Re: commentating - I believe that as part of the cost cutting exercise by Hollis, we let go the team responsible for that. I'm sure I saw somewhere that AVTV will share commentary with BBC WM.

As for interviews etc - who actually watched this stuff? Enough people to make it a worthwhile service? I'm not too sure - especially as I'd they have ten times the number of free accounts through season tickets than people actually paying for it. I'm sure they'd have analysed the viewing stats - looked at how much is cost the club - wages on the many staff, equipment, travel costs etc and quite rightfully scaled back whilst interest would be even lower in the Championship at a club that was (and maybe still is - I don't know) haemorrhaging money. 

Can knock out BMH videos of interviews, training footgaage, pre-match shows and press conferences for very little money. They need to sort it out.

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Agree with this to an extent. However, things like pre match shows and player/manager interviews may be more watched in the Championship due to the lack of much coverage elsewhere. Since all Premier League matches are covered in more detail by other websites (Sky, BBC etc.) and on TV the AVTV coverage was pretty redundant.

I agree we don't want to be spending fortunes on AVTV but I can't imagine the costs involved in putting a few videos on there is that high for a football club.

• Like 2

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Can knock out BMH videos of interviews, training footgaage, pre-match shows and press conferences for very little money. They need to sort it out.

Yes - and if they did they'd end up getting criticism for it being cheap looking, amateur etc. In fact they were getting that anyway.

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

3,774 views on the last youtube video posted, Di Matteo and Xia walking around VP got 4k odd views, pre and post match videos tend to get around 900-2000 views but they were pretty naff tbh and not as detailed as other clubs.

Just now, Pilchard said:

Yes - and if they did they'd end up getting criticism for it being cheap looking, amateur etc. In fact they were getting that anyway.

Honestly, you can produce professional looking videos for little cost, but someone needs to drive it. We are behind other clubs in this respect and if Tony has global ambitions improving AVTV is essential. 

Scary thing is....just looking at some of our championship rivals (Brighton, Derby, Sheff Weds) and they all have miles better social media content than we do. It's not about producing something as good as Man. City (who have the best Youtube channel of all the teams I think) but putting out something as good as teams in championship.

Cost cutting was under last regime. Dr Tony will be strong on social media coming from Asia. It's certainly a neglected area of the club but guess like the team improvements will come slowly. 

Not having a presenter or some sort of media figurehead seems a bit bizarre to me.

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Honestly, you can produce professional looking videos for little cost, but someone needs to drive it. We are behind other clubs in this respect and if Tony has global ambitions improving AVTV is essential. 

I understand your frustrations, and yes, in time it needs to improve. But every effort, every drop of money, should be spent on improving the team and making us good again. Until then, finding odd blokes we can photoshop dildos and pirate eye patches on could and should wait.

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

I understand your frustrations, and yes, in time it needs to improve. But every effort, every drop of money, should be spent on improving the team and making us good again. Until then, finding odd blokes we can photoshop dildos and pirate eye patches on could and should wait.

Kids in their bedrooms are knocking up professional looking shit nowadays for the YouTubes. It is utterly pathetic how far we have fell behind on and off the pitch. 

5 hours ago, Pilchard said:

every effort, every drop of money, should be spent on improving the team and making us good again. Until then, finding odd blokes we can photoshop dildos and pirate eye patches on could and should wait.

Have no idea why you're talking about odd blokes, dildos and pirate eye patches, but each to his own.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

AVTV is a waste of time at the moment but I would rather the club focus on the transfer window then deal with sorting our staff out during the season.

Yes the priority is on the pitch, but these things are hardly mutually exclusive.

• 1 month later...
Â