Air Rifles

AshVilla

Hi Guys

The thing is i have a major pigeon problem they keep swarming around mine and my next door neighbours house trying to peck their way into the roof and being a general nuisance

Does anyone have any experience with air rifles im looking for one on the cheap online from somewhere preferably which is easy to use powerful but legal obviously

Ive found some stores on google selling them but i have no idea what the best models are e.t.c

I keep seeing dirty pigeons with mangled feet, they hobble around in circles on stubs. They make me itch.

Having said that I'm not sure you can shoot them. Best move house.

Be extremely careful if you live in an urban area. I've seen The RSPCA successfully prosecute people taking potshots at pigeons and seagulls on animal cruelty charges.

Methinks this be the air rifle for you, dude.

lol i already got a replica unfortunately it does not fire the 24mm caseless rounds and the 71mm grenade launcher does not function

There's just been an article on the news about seagulls at seaside cafés being deterred by high powered water guns. Try that? No risk of prosecution that way, as you're unlikely to injure/kill the little blighters

Or go for that scene in 24hr Party People where Shaun Ryder puts rat poison in a load of bread and feeds it to the pigeons, then watches as it starts raining birds.

Not our cat though, he'd be useless. He thinks he can catch mice (hit rate: about one every two months), but seems to regard birds as his mates.

Just yesterday morning he was rummaging around in the shrubbery looking for rodents, with a blackbird right next him, looking for worms in the lawn. I swear they were comparing notes.

• Like 3

3 crows ripped up our lawn last summer.

i borrowed an air rifle from a guy at work, and when the crows were back on my lawn, went to the upstairs window, took aim through the scope and shot 1 crow.

it didn't die straight away, so quickly ran downstairs and shot it from close range in the head, and then it died.

the other 2 crows went mad for the next 24 hours, circling our house & squawking non-stop.  

i thought the next morning a massive flock of killer crows would be waiting to ambush me and peck me to death.

but the next day, the other 2 crows were gone, never to return.

NB:  don't let the neighbours see you with the rifle, as they might think its a real gun, and then the armed police will be breaking down the door a few minutes later.

Â