Villa pre-season results not important?

Hughes

To begin with no it didn't matter but starting Tuesday against Luton... it now matters.

We need to win, not concede a goal score and play some decent football.

The team needs it to start believing in themselves. The supporters need it for peace of mind that next season will be better than the last.

if it's not 2 diff 11s in the two different halves then maybe it become smore important to win for the confidence of a proposed starting 11. even then though, i'd be looking for performance over result.

You also have to remember that pre-season is where lambert will look at how players look in particular systems and won't be looking to change that a huge deal to suit the opponents.

We might come across a team where 4-4-2 would be a far better way to play against them, but if he was wanting to use that game to see how Tonev or Carruthers can play wide in a front 3 then he's going to stick with that.

It's about looking at individual players and how they fit into new systems, not about whether that system is the best one for that particular game.

All about fitness.

Okore, Tonev, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann, Albrighton, Helenius, Bowery, N'Zogbia and even Drennan are all injured. 

Not going great is it.

Our best front line is currently Grealish, Burke and Robinson.

I don't know what was more painfull to try and watch: that awful live feed by AVTV or the performace of the players. 

Basically what we have learned from pre-season so far: our youth/reserve teams are worse than a Conference team. 

I had flashback of Villa vs. Bradford tonight. 

Still ridiculous to suggest that results do matter? FFS, I do not care that much if we loose one or two pre-season matches but look at who we have played and look at the results. It does not fill you with confidence, or what?

Still ridiculous to suggest that results do matter? FFS, I do not care that much if we loose one or two pre-season matches but look at who we have played and look at the results. It does not fill you with confidence, or what?

I honestly couldn't give a shit about pre-season reasons. The injuries are what's concerning me.

We probably won a couple pre-season games last year (can't remember any of them) but we still had a pretty shite season. I'd only be concerned if Lambert was putting out a consistent line-up and they lost every game.

I'm not concerned with the scorelines, but I am concerned that we seem to be making the same sloppy defensive errors from last season - set pieces, sloppy fouls in dangerous areas, cheap give-aways. Concerned about the injuries too, although it sounds like many of them are knocks and not too serious. I've given up hoping for a clean sheet anymore, but it would be nice to get in a couple of wins pre-season to help boost confidence.

Still -- better to pick up niggling short-term injuries and make stupid defensive errors in pre-season. I can't get too worked up over it. During league games will be a different story.

I thought the pre season would be looking at how to integrate the new players into the team - and giving some fringe players a chance. I don't really see the point of giving lots players who are a Million miles away from the first team a run out. Sylla and Doncien looked decent tonight - that's really all the positives I can take from it.

Think we need to sign some players that look like making an impact at first team level.....and pronto !

We are still only at the matches where we change the whole 11 half way through. These are just fitness run outs and nothing more. 

We will step up focus and start taking things more seriously when we get to August. 

Lack of creativity and wank defending sounds all too familiar. Pre season signs not looking too good thus far, hopefully we will improve.

Not looking forward to Arsenal away

Â