Villa strike deal with Eurosport Asia for international TV show

Gillz

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3233793,00.html

Villa are delighted to announce a new two-year deal with Eurosport Asia Pacific for the club's international television programme.

The contract covers the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.

The international television programme - known as the "block" - is a weekly three-hour television programme, focusing on all of our Barclays Premier League matches.

We create a 40-minute match preview at the start of each programme, containing news, interviews and exclusive features from behind-the-scenes at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath.

Then the game is shown in full, followed by all of the post-match reaction.

The programme ends with a dip into the Villa Vault as we show highlights of a classic game.

We have been producing the programme since 2007 and, since then, it has been shown on various television channels in millions of homes worldwide including continents such as Africa and North America.

We produce every element of the programme entirely in-house at Villa Park and, as such, we are one of the first top-flight clubs to do so.

As part of the new deal, Eurosport Asia Pacific will be providing comprehensive coverage of the Villa "block" programme on a weekly basis.

This will comprise a first broadcast the day after the game on primetime television in Asia and then several repeats throughout the week to ensure the maximum exposure of Villa in Asia and the Pacific region.

Eurosport Asia is currently available in six million homes across 46 territories including Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Fiji and Afghanistan.

Frederic Sanz, Head of Acquisitions, Eurosport Asia Pacific, said: "We are pleased to be working with such a historic club. It is our aim to build on the fan base in Asia and we wish the club all the best of luck for the coming season."

Russell Jones, Head of Marketing and Communications at Villa, added: "We are delighted to be working with Eurosport Asia.

"As well as being a commercially good deal for the club, this relationship will allow us to reach an additional six million homes across Asia Pacific."

Subscribe to our online television channel AVTV.

Great to see us properly trying to get involved in the Asia market / fan base. 

• Like 3

Are these live matchs or a replay each week?

Must mean there will be good streams available during the season.

I doubt it would be live, maybe a day or two after. If it is live though it would be amazing! 

I live in Malaysia and this has already been going on for the past couple of years on Eurosport. They would show 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours of AVTV videos, and then play the previous match with avtv commentary. It comes on usually around Wednesdays iirc, and by that time the other sports channels have most likely rerun the game if I it already wasn't broadcasted live. But it's a great way to watch avtv though I must say.

Would be interested to see how much we get from this, that piece of detail is conspicuous by its absence.

I am sure Eurosport will want to keep it confidential. They probably have 19 other clubs to go and negotiate with next.

Every single Villa PL match is already shown live (in English) in the Mid East, so there should be plenty of good streams or the games.

Every single Villa PL match is already shown live (in English) in the Mid East, so there should be plenty of good streams or the games.

It annoys me that they have access to that in the Middle East but not in the UK. Madness, fans over here would love to have that! 

It annoys me that they have access to that in the Middle East but not in the UK. Madness, fans over here would love to have that! 

True enough to a degree - but, the Middle East doesn't have Villa Park in it (yet). We get to go to the actual games - if we want.

Personally, as a ST holder who has to make time for the family at times (!!), I'd like to have access to streams (legal and above board) for away games. I might even consider paying a small fee. Sick to death of watching Manchester derbies and the 'big exciting' 'Champions' Sunday' Sky 4 wankfests.

I'm only really interested in the Villa - the rest of the league is just... meh. Couldn't give a flying fook.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

And this season as well in the US.

premier-league-extra-time-screenshot-600

Though this leaked mock-up screenshot of "Premier League Extra Time" is interesting. Starting with Suarez playing in a Spurs-Villa game, in a Liverpool shirt, while Liverpool are playing at the same time at the Emirates.

Edited by leviramsey
  • Like 1

This is great news, as it was always so difficult to view Villa matches when I grew up in Singapore.

I was made fun for being a Villa supporter, the rest of my friends were either Man Utd, Liverpool and then when Arsenal and Chelsea started winning, they came into the picture.  But Villa were always the thorn in those big teams arses and I loved it, I just enjoyed teasing those guys.

This should be the start of something special for branding purposes, there is a ton of money out there in Asia, lots of billionaires and prospective young millionaires who have money to spend and could be willing to invest!

US is not where it is, the economy is still trying to recover the fans are OK.

It's good that we are showcasing ourselves in foreign lands. I was just surprised to read that it will only reach 6 million homes when you consider how many countries it's going to and the population's involved.

Just hope the lads can do themselves proud and make people from far away want to follow us instead of the likes of Manure and Chelski.

It's good that we are showcasing ourselves in foreign lands. I was just surprised to read that it will only reach 6 million homes when you consider how many countries it's going to and the population's involved.

Just hope the lads can do themselves proud and make people from far away want to follow us instead of the likes of Manure and Chelski.

Still 6 million homes (and you have to imagine a home would contain maybe an average of 3 people???) is not to be sniffed at.

Let's home we give them something exciting to watch!

Â