Radio stations

donnie

Commuting is definitely for CDs, not radio.

Now I have my DAB radio, I beg to differ Mr Moon Man.

Also, R4 has some decent informative output.

I think we've had this conversation before. 

Thing is, I rarely get to play my CDs at home without fear of interruption. The car is a musical haven. And I prefer to listen to my choice of music without some dingbat wittering around it.

R4 I respect rather than enjoy. While it is clearly informative and of high quality, I'm afraid I find it rather tiresome. As I said upthread, I get sick of hearing it due to her indoors' obsession with it.

Thing is, I rarely get to play my CDs at home without fear of interruption. The car is a musical haven. And I prefer to listen to my choice of music without some dingbat wittering around it.

I agree with this actually. 

Not that I get interrupted at home, but I just never have enough time that I'm willing to dedicate to listening to a whole album.

Whenever I buy a new album it always gets played in my car first.

True.

But the alternative was Fat Moyles and his bileous rants.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I actually liked him, personally. It felt like he was the last of the adult DJs, and Radio 1 is a worse place in his absence.

Edited by Shillzz

XFM for music.

Talksport is like crack!

I know its crap and it will wind me up but I cant help sticking it on, just to see.

Edited by Nigel

I agree with this actually. 

Not that I get interrupted at home, but I just never have enough time that I'm willing to dedicate to listening to a whole album.

Whenever I buy a new album it always gets played in my car first.

Actually yes, it's a valid point you have there guys.

I don't get anywhere near as much chance as I used to to listen to music at home, now that I have a wife and 14 month old girl.

so my CD purchases (yes, I still buy CDs! :o ) do tend to get played probably more in the car than at home. I have roughly a 45 minute commute, so hour and a half daily, which is more than enough for an album listen (or 2).

But I also like the radio, so I do tend to vary it. I get bored of just music after a few days, so then switch to 6 music or R4.

When a man is bored with music, he is, er... bored with music, I suppose. :unsure:

Never happens to me.

I always like to mix it up, CD/Radio. Keep it 'fresh'. If i've listened to a CD several times, I like to listen to something else. 6 Music has a broader range of music than i possess, so often wins out at the expense of the CD.

Bored of 'Music' was meant to mean 'Bored of playing the same CDs every time'. There are only so many CD's you can have in your car.  I like the surprise element of 6 Music - you don't know what you're going to get next.

When a man is bored with music, he is, er... bored with music, I suppose. :unsure:

Never happens to me.

I always like to mix it up, CD/Radio. Keep it 'fresh'. If i've listened to a CD several times, I like to listen to something else. 6 Music has a broader range of music than i possess, so often wins out at the expense of the CD.

Bored of 'Music' was meant to mean 'Bored of playing the same CDs every time'. There are only so many CD's you can have in your car.  I like the surprise element of 6 Music - you don't know what you're going to get next.

sadly with Mrs H you know it's going to be another Bon Bloody Jovi song :(

Never happens to me.

I have over 2,000 CDs, and I buy at least one a week. I pick two each day for the car, based on my mood. No problem.

Kim Fowley & Andrew Loog Oldham DJ - Interesting stuff, ever listen to them Levi?

When people complain about voicetracked DJs, I tend to point them in the direction of this channel and those shows (and Bob Dylan's and Tom Petty's shows on Deep Tracks), which couldn't be done without voicetracking. i.e. they're good.

Edited by leviramsey

sadly with Mrs H you know it's going to be another Bon Bloody Jovi song :(

sadly with Tony you know it's going to be another Big Bloody Country song :(

Edited by leviramsey

Â