Radio stations

donnie

What radio stations does people listen to??

Absolute shite when I was flicking through today. I like planet rock although it can be a bit 'dad rock' sometimes. Zane Lowe on radio one is superb although the rest of the content on the station is utter shit. Talk sport has way way to many adverts but I like collymore and Durham.

Other then that it's utter shite. I need a dab radio in my car to freshen up my commute to work but they seem so expensive.

Usually Alan Brazil on TalkSport in the morning for me and usually a CD on the way home.

God knows why anybody would listen Adrian Durham on the afternoon. The most poorly thoughtout, contentless trolling show ever. I often catch the first minute or so where they basically say "whats better horse racing or badminton" then read out the phone number which basically confirms they are going to have a pointless debate for 3 hours. or "Ryan Giggs isn't all that and has stolen a living being surrounded by good players" - phone number. No time for that what so ever.

Pretty sure this has been done.

But I mix and match between Radio 2, 3 & 4 depending on what is on, and talkshite when I feel like winding myself up.

Cricket is back, so talkshite is gone from that list.

Never listen to popular music channels. They tend to be shite.

Radio 2 is the most popular music station in the country. :P 

I tend to listen to Radio 5, though it is crap in the daytime when they have constant phone in shows.  

I gave Trollsport up years ago. Can't be bothered with stations full of adverts.

Now listen to Radio 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (mainly 6). There are decent programmes at various times. Jamie Cullum does a jazz show on Radio 2. Nice.

Radio 4 is very informative if you can avoid shite like The Archers.

Internet radio. I find Singaporean radio to be crap. Mostly music, lots of classic rock with some disco, indie and old-school rap thrown in for variety. You just can't find that mix on local radio.

Hardly any. I hear more BBC R4 than anything else, but that's because Mrs M insists on having it switched on virtually 24/7, in multiple rooms. :rant:

Otherwise, small bits of R3, Classic FM, R2, 5 Live and TalkSport, in the car.

Only ever choose local radio on snowy days, for the traffic updates.

What radio stations does people listen to??

Absolute shite when I was flicking through today. I like planet rock although it can be a bit 'dad rock' sometimes. Zane Lowe on radio one is superb although the rest of the content on the station is utter shit. Talk sport has way way to many adverts but I like collymore and Durham.

Other then that it's utter shite. I need a dab radio in my car to freshen up my commute to work but they seem so expensive.

Get a DAB, MR Darko. It's not that expensive all said and done. That's what I did, when I got my current car. First thing I did was hault it down to the local car audio centre (having already bought my DAB radio online) and got them to fit said stereo, plus decent speakers and DAB aerial.

Be sure to get a decent DAB aerial though. The first one I got was shit, biut they have since installed one behind the stereo and it works a treat. The DAB reception really is pretty good 'almost' everywhere now.

Then it's 6 Muzak all the way :P

Internet radio on my phone, an app called tuneinradio its great

anyway on my favourites I have

Radio Free Americana (choiceroots radio)

181.FM Front Porch (bluegrass

The bluegrass mix

96.3 The wold (country)

Roothog radio (americana)

Redneck Radio 101

• Like 1

Mostly Radio 2 if in the car.  At home, I love the selection that Shoutcast offers - whatever genre or mood you're in and it's generally covered. 

Internet radio FTW. 

Internet radio on my phone, an app called tuneinradio its great

This!

I listen to Carter County Radio

Radio Riff

Metal Nation Radio

On DAB I usually veer between Planet Rock, Kerrang and Radio WM. WM's phone ins are usually hilarious (unintentionally) especially Goldberg in the morning and Danny Kelly in the PM

Â