Films you are looking forward to seeing this year???

Tom_L

Vote if one of these  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Vote if one of these

• Fantastic Four.
    • Be Cool
    • War Of The Worlds.
    • Star Wars Episode III
    • Sin City
    • Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy
    • Batman Begins

Of the movies mentioned I like the look of Be Cool. Sin City looks good from a style point of view, but I always find it's the ones that creep up out of nowhere like Closer and Sideways that turn out to be the gems.

Oh, and of course anything by my man Takashi Miike. :)

I predict anybody "looking forward" to the new Star Wars film is going to feel mightily let down, again! For the third time running!

If the first two are anything to go on, it's going to be a pile of gibbon poo. They REALLY shouldn't have bothered, the first three (ie episode 4, 5 and 6, actually that pisses me off wondering what to call them all, I mean, who actually makes the last three films first, then plays catch up? Duh!) were great films, now tainted by the travesties that are the newest ones.

I predict anybody "looking forward" to the new Star Wars film is going to feel mightily let down, again! For the third time running!

If the first two are anything to go on, it's going to be a pile of gibbon poo. They REALLY shouldn't have bothered, the first three (ie episode 4, 5 and 6, actually that pisses me off wondering what to call them all, I mean, who actually makes the last three films first, then plays catch up? Duh!) were great films, now tainted by the travesties that are the newest ones.

Were all hoping this not to be true. To be fair Episode II wasn't that bad, just bad acting in the "romance" sceens.

I didn't realise there's a Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy coming out. I doubt they'll do the books justice. If they do it should be a 4 hour film :)

And what about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ? Is anyone else intrigued as to what Johnny Depp will do to this ? I hope he pulls it off ! He has a lot to live up to.

Although im looking forward to the new Batman, Batman Begins it has to be Star Wars Episode III Revenge Of The Sith. Being a big Star Wars fan to begin witht the trailer has just wet the appetite even more. It could be the best of 6 films, it looks very dark. In case anyone is bothered I heard the second trailer will be online around 11th March.

None of the above, but I really look forward to Yimou Zhangs next film.

I hate Star Wars. The old ones were okay I thought, but the new ones are awful. A 10-year old could write better dialogues.

I guess Hitchhaiker's Guide would be cool to see. I love the books, but I remeber being very disapointed after seing the BBC mini-serie.

Of those, a toss up between Batman Begins and Sin City.

What i'm really looking forward to though is

Clerks 2

Untitled Spike Jonze/Charlie Kaufman Project

Untitled Quentin Tarantino Project

Knowing my luck all three will be pushed back to 2006.

I see pretty much everything that comes out, usually my favorite movies are ones that i wouldn't expect to like (Garden State, Closer, Butterfly Effect are good examples of this).

• 16 years later...
On 07/02/2005 at 15:50, Tom_L said:

Of those, a toss up between Batman Begins and Sin City.

What i'm really looking forward to though is

Clerks 2

Untitled Spike Jonze/Charlie Kaufman Project

Untitled Quentin Tarantino Project

Knowing my luck all three will be pushed back to 2006.

I see pretty much everything that comes out, usually my favorite movies are ones that i wouldn't expect to like (Garden State, Closer, Butterfly Effect are good examples of this).

I wonder what the untitled Tarantino film it was?