Match Thread

I like Jack he's a good guy, but going to Germany in a Fiat 500 and doing a commentary on a mobile phone does not reflect well on Villa marketing at all!

Cracking fella but I swear to God someone leant him their copy of 'I'm Alan Partridge' and told him it was a documentary on how to be a commentator

Paul AVFC: 

Maradona-style run from Delph. Dispossessed at the end.

I know they're meant to be positive and paint villa and the players in a good light but 'maradona-style run from delph' is pushing it a bit too far...

I know they're meant to be positive and paint villa and the players in a good light but 'maradona-style run from delph' is pushing it a bit too far...

How do you know?

Thank god I didn't subscribe.

I genuinely wish I could help them with AVTV, free of charge. Their filming and editing skills are poor, now we're charging for audio commentary from a mobile phone. The least they could do is get a H4N Zoom or other all purpose audio device and hook it up to a laptop, pretty sure they have the internet in Germany.

Edited by samjp26

How do you know?

Judging by everyone else's reporting of it. For example for our beloved Matt kendrick it was a  simple 'drive forward' by delph. 

How do you know?

Judging by everyone else's reporting of it. For example for our beloved Matt kendrick it was a  simple 'drive forward' by delph. 

Maybe Delph is on coke? Is that what was meant? :)

Apparently we're playing awful and Rodinghausen just had the first real chance of the game. Don't get me wrong, these games are to gain fitness and get them back into the swing of things, but we're against a 5th Division German team.

AVTV needs a rethink, needs fresh ideas, perhaps some personnel changes.

Out of date service.

I hate to say it but we can learn a thing or two from Man City's video service, possibly the best one out there.

Agreed, I think I may actually try to put a proposal forward to the club.

Apparently we're playing awful and Rodinghausen just had the first real chance of the game. Don't get me wrong, these games are to gain fitness and get them back into the swing of things, but we're against a 5th Division German team.

English clubs and fans pay far, far too much attention to results in friendlies. Look at the way Italians and Germans approach them, they don't care if they get beat. Remember us doing inter 3-1 a few years back? There was no uproar or concern from their side at all. It's all about getting the lads on the pitch together and running around for a bit

Celtic got done 6-2 yesterday by german second division Greuther Furth. It's the first game back. Give it time.

English clubs and fans pay far, far too much attention to results in friendlies. Look at the way Italians and Germans approach them, they don't care if they get beat. Remember us doing inter 3-1 a few years back? There was no uproar or concern from their side at all. It's all about getting the lads on the pitch together and running around for a bit

Villa vs Inter is a bit different to Villa vs SV Rodinghausen, would you not agree? I don't necessarily expect us to win by an extremely high margin every game, I just find it shocking that we haven't had a real effort on goal within the first half (if that is true).

Pretty woeful if your honest about it. These lads should be able to break down that side. Good for fitness, but firing a blank against a 5th division German team can't be good for confidence. Bowery should be licking his lips at this occasion since he hasn't scored a goal for us yet. Hope we can bang in a few 2nd half

Villa vs Inter is a bit different to Villa vs SV Rodinghausen, would you not agree? I don't necessarily expect us to win by an extremely high margin every game, I just find it shocking that we haven't had a real effort on goal within the first half (if that is true).

We were playing Bowery up front not Benteke

Relax

it is bad that i got excited just because the players have been given squad numbers? i mean i know they aren't official yet but that looks roughly like what i'd expect to see. always like to see the new squad numbers

Â