Are You Afraid to Die?

maqroll

When I was 11 my heart stopped beating for roughly 5 minutes. When I woke up the first thing I said was: "Is Christmas over?" It was in November but it felt like lots of time had passed. Make of it what you will.. I don't remember anything after passing out. I've been pretty much indifferent to death since that, and many other things for that matter.

Just got to live as much as you can and cram as much as you can into the time you have got. People like paddy and irreverantad should teach us that time is finite and different for everyone so have as much fun as you can.

Whoa what happened to irreverantad?

I wouldn't want immortality. But if I could get some sort of guarantee that I'd live to be an old man, I'd be happy.

You should add: "in good health".

What I fear is the combination of old age and serious infirmity (especially Alzheimers, which my dad had). If that's the future, I'd rather check out early with a quick heart attack.

This is my feeling, having had surgery on my back and not recovering as well  as I'd hoped (in worse pain than before) has really made me question my feelings about old age, I've always wanted to stay healthy and active and would only want to live too a very ripe old age if I was indeed healthy and active. However Having a son with a disability which means life is always going to be difficult for him to manage without help for quite a while, I really dread dieing early and before he gets the chance to develop enough Independence if he ever is going to.

Yeah I fear it.

I think when I get older I won't so much, but right now I do.

Thinking about what happens when you die terrifies me.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I don't live in fear of death. I don't let it get to me.

But when I actually think about it, it does scare me.

This. I don't think about it, because I wind myself up when I do.
Having thought about it, I have to say, I don't fear it, I quite look forward to it. It's very final, but on the bright side we won't all have to read your shit **** jokes any more. So what do I care if you're dead?

:D

Edited by Kingfisher

I occasionally think about it, it sometimes crosses my mind, usually when someone close to me dies. But I am in my mid 20s so I hopefully have another half century before it comes, but you never know.

Â