£6M for Shelvey !

smetrov

Looks like decent value to me. If Ince and Zaha are worth their reported fees then Shelvey is defo worth 5-6 million. He was fantastic during his loan spell at Blackpool 2 years ago.

He managed to make a bigger impact at Liverpool than Nuri Sahin so this could turn out to a very shrewd move by Swansea.

If we signed him I wouldn't have been complaining. 

True.  I think there is a more than decent player in there, but the fact is that we've signed a number of players with decent potential from abroad for the same amount.  That's probably why England are going to struggle for the next number of years.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't see the game, but Laudrup is a very very good manager and can see Swansea getting top 8 this yr. think he could be barca manager in a couple of yrs.

As for shelvey this move could cement his place in the world cup squad, Laudrup will bring the best out of him

• Like 1

Shelvey was brilliant tonight granted was only Malmo but he was a different player than what we saw at Liverpool and think he might fit in at Swansea. looks promising

Agreed. Looked every part a £6mil player, if not more. Hard working, composed, battliing display. Everything you would want from a CM playing in that position.

Edited by hogso

Bascially if you are under 25, are british, have played more than 20 games in the premiership, and have a pulse, you are worth at least 5 million pounds. 

VdbYFcL.jpg

Here's hoping! 

• Like 3

that is true but you can only beat whats in front of you

he wouldnt have done that at Liverpool though, ive seen him play weak teams for Liverpool and not look as composed

Edited by Zatman

Shelvey was brilliant tonight granted was only Malmo but he was a different player than what we saw at Liverpool and think he might fit in at Swansea. looks promising

Speak for yourself! :) I said Shelvey was worth the money and was only kept out of a Liverpool side by Steven Gerrard. He has it all as a midfielder and will flourish at Swansea.
  • Like 1

Speak for yourself! :) I said Shelvey was worth the money and was only kept out of a Liverpool side by Steven Gerrard. He has it all as a midfielder and will flourish at Swansea.

Its true you did. I just meant for me he looked different, more confident, composed, aware and also a bit bigger in muscular terms. Some of his passing was actually at times like watching a bald Gerrard. 

might pop him in the fantasy team now Bale is going ;)

• Like 1

Thought they made a good point during the match yesterday. At Liverpool, he had to try and force his way into a setup where he wasn't an integral part of things. Swansea have obviously placed a lot of confidence in him and on last nights showing, he looked like he was playing with bags of confidence. Think he will be a surprise to many (although obviously not BOF) this season.

How good are Malmo?  A lot of people are dismissing them as shit, but they annihilated Hibs last week (9-0 on aggregate, including a 7-0 win away in Edinburgh) and they do have a famous old name.  

Swansea and their players will take great heart from this result, surely?

Good point Rev. They mightn't be a European powerhouse but it's not like they're some Liechtenstinian motley crew of postmen and brickies either. Malmo are no mugs.

they only beat Drogheda 2-0 in round before and 1 was a late goal. Malmo are a young team with a few swedish internationals but they would be a Championship team at most.

Which only goes to enhance Rev's point. Beating a Championship side 4-0 in a meaningful competitive fixture would not be 'shit' and is a result a side could "take great heart from". No-one's suggesting you go and back them for the title. It's just that it's not a nothing result.

I didn't see much of the game but the bit I saw Malmo were retreating deep into their own half and looking to counter. I don't know if that's how they play but I got the impression they turned up for damage limitation. I didn't recognise any of their players from their national side either.

On Shelvey, he showed he can utilise space if it's given to him, which is a lot more than we've seen from him since he left Charlton imo. Hopefully he gets a long spell in the team in the PL so we can see how good he is or isn't.

Â