Anyone off to Dusseldorf for the VfL Bochum game?

roonst83

Fully expect this to fall on deaf ears as its only a pre season friendly - but just wondered if anyone else is planning on hitting Dusseldorf for the Villa pre season game against VfL Bochum? Ive just booked to go with a mate for £35 return (Ryannair) and will be hitting the local bars, pubs etc - so was just seeing if any other Villa fans are heading out?

Ps, flights were £35 return

Ticket - $9euros

Bargain.

(no doubt i'll get raped on the price of the beer but at least it'll taste nice)

• Like 1

Fully expect this to fall on deaf ears as its only a pre season friendly - but just wondered if anyone else is planning on hitting Dusseldorf for the Villa pre season game against VfL Bochum? Ive just booked to go with a mate for £35 return (Ryannair) and will be hitting the local bars, pubs etc - so was just seeing if any other Villa fans are heading out?

Ps, flights were £35 return

Ticket - $9euros

Bargain.

(no doubt i'll get raped on the price of the beer but at least it'll taste nice)

Sounds like a plan!

just checked the flights details on Ryanair and the only flights to Dusseldorf are from Standstead and the closest airport to the ground is Dortmund anyway and they dont fly to Dortmund from the UK

I'm flying into Dusseldorf from London Standstead (I live in London) - Dusseldorf is half an hour away on the train to Bochum - so we figured we'd base oursleves in Dusseldorf and have Saturday and Sunday night out there (the game is Sunday). Train to Bochum is circa $20euros return

my mate lives in gutersloh (army) so he is going to the Paderborn game. really want to go to one if these games in Germany

The company I work for has an office in Gutersloh and I go there often... I considered going to the friendly match as Germany is also an awesome country to visit but unfortunately with a 3 month old it really isn't practical.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this topic so sorry I'm late but just a heads up for anyone doing this... Düsseldorf Weeze airport (the Ryanair one) is nowhere near Düsseldorf. I would recommend getting a minibus to Essen and then getting the train to Bochum from there. Unless you are wanting to base yourself in Ddorf, in which case you will have to use public transport, there is a bus to Weeze train station and then a train to Ddorf; itakes just over an hour but as far as I remember, it's been a couple of years since I lived in Nordrhein Westfalen and I had free train travel, you can't buy a ticket at Weeze station so you may want to book in advance if possible. Would probably be easier to go with the bus.

Get the train up to Bochum from Ddorf, takes about 40 minutes on an RE train and if you are travelling in a group you should be able to get a discounted ticket.

In terms of drinking in Ddorf, head to the Altstadt (the nearest U-Bahn stop in Heinrich-Heine-Allee), great area for drinking. Nightlife in Bochum is pretty poor so if you're wanting a night out don't base yourself in Bochum! I would say that Köln would be the best place to stay in the region but it is an hour south of even Ddorf. And whoever mentioned Dortmund... it is dead close to Bochum and Easyjet fly there to and from Luton.

Â