Old Villa Matches on Various TV Channels This Week!

villa-revolution

Not sure if a thread already exists for this purpose & if so Mods please transfer information accordingly.

I'm sure that some Villa fans are already aware that old classic Villa games are regularly repeated on various TV channels throughout the week. However, there are probably quite a few who are not. Also, not everybody has access to AVTV.

Anyway, ESPN Classic, Sky Sports, ITV4, MUFC, CFC, LFC  amongst others regularly feature Villa matches. Be aware that some of these encounters should also come with a health warning too because they often don't always turn out in our favour :( but that said our totally fantastic & nerve wracking European Cup Final victory in Rotterdam 1982 against the mighty Bayern Munich regularly gets a re-run on the ESPN Classic channel  :flag::hooray::cheers::)

My brother regularly receives email from a website each week that posts a comprehensive list of the coming weeks edition of old games that Villa will be featuring in.

Subsequently, it is my intention to post the relevant info here so that our fans can tune in & have a good old reminisce.

This weeks TV Guide is as follows:

Tuesday 2nd July Aston Villa v Birmingham City 2002/3 on Sky Sports 3 at 3.15pm. Old Premier League encounter

Man Utd v Aston Villa 2006/7, MUTV, 7.30pm. Old Premier League encounter

Thursday 4th July Aston Villa v Birmingham City 2002/3, Sky Sports 3 at 6.45am. Old Premier League encounter

Obviously, If I have missed any out, please post the information here so that we can all get to share & hopefully enjoy oncemore.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

memo to briny_ear & islingtonclaret . Game is worth watching for Hitzelsburgers goal alone. My advice, FWIW, Turn off the last 20mins low lights or switch to another channel or failing that hurl a brick through your TV Screen :bang:              :)

Edited by villa-revolution

memo to briny_ear & islingtonclaret . Game is worth watching for Hitzelsburgers goal alone. My advice, FWIW, Turn off the last 20mins low lights or switch to another channel or failing that hurl a brick through your TV Screen :bang:              :)

Sorry guys - Just looked it up -  thought it was the 2-2 game at VP 2003-04 :blush: got the wrong match. :blush:

Just throw your TV straight out  the window & I'll get my brother to throw ours out too.............straight on my head!

The only good moment (if it's the home game we're talking about) is Dion 'butting Savage.

If it's the away one, switch the telly off before you see Enkelman work his magic.

I swear Dion headbutting Savage was in the away game as well?

Both games that season were probably the lowest point for me in all the years following Villa, so much so that I left the country shortly after!

I have never been able to forgive that keeper for what he did, more so for his cowardice in the game at VP than his stupid error in front of the heathen hordes.

The trouble at both games wasn't the worse I experienced but it was by far the worst atmosphere at VP that I have ever been in, plenty of "big men" looking for the noses who no doubt we amongst us rather than trying to support O'deary's team.

We seem to get plenty of football classics here in Oz which would be great if I support ManU or Liverpool as the only time we are shown in a old game is when we get a flogging off one of the sky 4/5.

Both games that season were probably the lowest point for me in all the years following Villa, so much so that I left the country shortly after!

I have never been able to forgive that keeper for what he did, more so for his cowardice in the game at VP than his stupid error in front of the heathen hordes.

The trouble at both games wasn't the worse I experienced but it was by far the worst atmosphere at VP that I have ever been in, plenty of "big men" looking for the noses who no doubt we amongst us rather than trying to support O'deary's team.

We seem to get plenty of football classics here in Oz which would be great if I support ManU or Liverpool as the only time we are shown in a old game is when we get a flogging off one of the sky 4/5.

Yes SeanO - Your post definitely sums up my recollections of both these games too especially as the noses in both those games are just so totally average & workman like it is unreal. Had it not been a Villa Blues Derby I'm sure we would have spanked them easily both times with ease. Throw in the white hot heat & volatile atmosphere of possibly one of the fiercest rivalries in football & this is what can happen.  As I stated in the OP some of the games don't necessarily show us in our best light. I think the best way to look at those games however is to see who at least is playing for us at the time. You can nearly always find a positive somewhere. ie the best thing that happened in that notorious game at the sty was probably the final whistle.

I think I would rather stab my eyes out than be reminded of the 3-0 at the shit hole. The rocket polishers still go on about that, even when we've spanked them loads of times since.

I think I would rather stab my eyes out than be reminded of the 3-0 at the shit hole. The rocket polishers still go on about that, even when we've spanked them loads of times since.

and we have a thread started on a Villa forum that reminds us about it ..................... not a good thread (needs an edit at least)

Edited by drat01

Speaking of old matches, I found this on YouTube this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzuPpoQ0i4

10 years ago. Christ.

that was actually a very good season. maybe was in spite of DOL

Yeah, I remember that season well. Fond memories, especially the Chelsea match at home with Hitzlsperger's goal. You tend to forget just how good Angel was at that point as well.

Edited by adz.villa

As promised, here are this weeks old Villa TV encounters.

NB - there is also information regarding possible highlights of the pre-season German Tour & further details for a Villa friendly at Boldmere St Micheals too.

Sunday 7th July 2013

Man Utd v Aston Villa 2008/9, MUTV, 3.30pm/3.30am, Old Premier League encounter

Wednesday 10th July 2013

Ipswich v Aston Villa 1983, ITV 4, 10am Old League encounter

Thursday 11th July 2013

Ipswich v Aston Villa 1983, ITV 4, 8.05am, Old League encounter

Man Utd v Aston Villa 2008/9, MUTV, 5am. Old Premier League encounter

Friday 12th July 2013

Luton v Aston Villa 1983, ITV 4, 8am. Old League encounter

No German TV stations on satellite etc are showing the 3 tour games this week, but highlights might be on their club You Tube channels later since this club does that - http://www.youtube.com/user/svroedinghausen

Boldmere St Mikes v Aston Villa - Church Rd ground, Sutton
Wednesday 17 July 2013
Kick Off 7:30pm
Pre Season Fixture

Admission:
Adults £5
Concessions £3
Accompanied Under 16s £1
Under 12s go free if accompanied by an adult or senior.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/boldmerestmichaels/s/team-news-71170.html?news_id=967772

Â