Never Been To Villa Park?

b23avfc

And the next vids I need to remember my gopro at 1080 is 30fps so I should shoot at 720p at 60fps 

Funny, that's exactly what came to my mind as I watched it.  :huh:

Great video by the way. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

And the next vids I need to remember my gopro at 1080 is 30fps so I should shoot at 720p at 60fps 

Funny, that's exactly what came to my mind as I watched it.  :huh:

Great video by the way. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks! And ye, that's the kind of "junk" that goes through my mind when I do these things. I know it is irrelevant to the viewer though :) I

Great video. Well done.

Never realised you could drive all the way round the Trinity like that.

Technically you can do the whole block but from half of it  you won't see anything, especially from the car. One stretch has the players entrance but it's pretty discreet and at the corner I turn twice there is the Holte Pub which I was going to do a slight detour to show a proper view of it but meh.. it's something :)

Ps. Thanks to whoever moved it to the main forum

Edited by b23avfc

Great video, but I thought you were going to crash a couple of times !

Yeah. Where did you learn to drive? ;)

It's clearly not video footage, it's stop motion animation. You can tell by the pixels.

Yeah BMH will be difficult to see much these days.

When I was last over I took my youngest lad over to show him BMH only to find out that it is different today than it was when I was a kid, today we saw very little but it wasn't always that way.

Back in the day you could get right up to the players, watch every aspect of the training and on occasion if you were really lucky some of the players would have a 5 mins kick around with you before they started training. Imagine turning up as we used to with our own football and having some of the best players at the club come over in the 5 a side nets and join you as Brian Little, John Gidman and Gordon Cowans did once with us kids. The really funny thing though was seeing the players panic when Ron Saunders appeared only for him to smile and laugh while telling the to get a move on, one of the few times I saw Ron smile!

Those were the day's, the players appreciated the effort it took for fans to turn up to watch them and we were in awe of our super stars.

The only thing I wish was we had of thought to take cameras with us, never even thought about it though (probably didn't even have one lol) so even though we rode our bikes there almost every day during the pre season while we were off school the only thing we have is some great memories and lots of autographs.

• Like 2

villa-revolution, I'm not sure if you have been to VP but if not at 1.12-1.16 on the video you can just about see the Holte pub.

After spending many seasons drinking in the Ads before and after home games it would bring back more memories if someone were to film the pubs around VP on match day however it might just put some lads off hahaha.

BTW Damien great video.

villa-revolution, I'm not sure if you have been to VP but if not at 1.12-1.16 on the video you can just about see the Holte pub.

After spending many seasons drinking in the Ads before and after home games it would bring back more memories if someone were to film the pubs around VP on match day however it might just put some lads off hahaha.

BTW Damien great video.

Only been going to Villa Park since 1968 Seano. Many of the pubs still exist, even by their original names too  I think. The Aston Hotel, the Adventurer's, The Vine, the Harriers,The Yew Tree etc etc though many have undergone refurbishments & name changes.

Hopefully b23avfc gets busy with his camera again next season & widens the lens further & on a match day too to soak in the ambience & the atmosphere..

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

Great video, but I thought you were going to crash a couple of times !

Yeah. Where did you learn to drive? ;)

It's clearly not video footage, it's stop motion animation. You can tell by the pixels.

I assume you set it to 1080 and are pulling my leg :)

• Like 1

Would be even better still if you could do a repeat performance on a match day early next season & take in some of the local watering holes & footage of fans making their way to & from the ground & also in & around the stadium & the Villa Village to gauge their excitement & air of anticipation.

I bet that would go down a treat with a lot of the overseas VT members too.

Anyway, great work so keep it up & keep 'em all coming. :)

I second this. Would be great. Edited by AVTuco

BTW Damien great video.

Only been going to Villa Park since 1968 Seano. Many of the pubs still exist, even by their original names too  I think. The Aston Hotel, the Adventurer's, The Vine, the Harriers,The Yew Tree etc etc though many have undergone refurbishments & name changes.

Hopefully b23avfc gets busy with his camera again next season & widens the lens further & on a match day too to soak in the ambience & the atmosphere..

lol, I guess we have stood next to each other at some point as I started going down in the early 70's, many many changes since then a whole new ground! but VP still holds that "something" for those of us who support Villa. If we could bottle up the experience of some games like the Liverpool 5-1 or the semi final v Tranmere and sell it we would be rich.

Sorry of track but it brought back fond memories.

Â