Never Been To Villa Park?

b23avfc

Are you actually driving under the stand on 45ish seconds?

Beautiful stadium. Doesn't look so good from above though.

Ps! You seem to be driving on the wrong side of the road :)

• Like 2

Are you actually driving under the stand on 45ish seconds?

Beautiful stadium. Doesn't look so good from above though.

Ps! You seem to be driving on the wrong side of the road :)

Ha the right side!

Ye it goes right over the road and into Aston park. Pretty cool. That's one the features that I thought it would be cool to film. I was going to do the whole block you can't see the stadium really from half the block.

And the next vids I need to remember my gopro at 1080 is 30fps so I should shoot at 720p at 60fps if I want to slow stuff down.. Oops

Edited by b23avfc

It didn't look all that well supported. Couple of beams, that'll do! Maybe not rock so hard if I ever find myself in the trinity stand.

Oh, well, served it's purpose perfectly I suppose. I have same problem on my camera. Difficult to decide wheter to pick 1080o or 60fps (btw have you ever tired to upscale from 720p to 1080p?). Next time hopefully a sunny day too ;)

Edited by tarjei

Totally agree about the sunny day thing. But this is England and carpe diem doesn't always coincide. It would make for a nicer video to be sure.

Haven't upscaled... Must check that out!

I'm glad you guys liked it. I had a tiny idea to do it and just grabbed the camera on my way into town, diverting slightly to do this. I have since had a few more ideas, hindsight and forward planning are wonderful. And the weather today is much better but hey ho I'm glad somebody benefited from it! 

Good job it wasn't match day. Rob would've had squashed toes.

Rob's used to me pointing my camera towards him. I fear more for my camera and car than his toes now

Wouldnt mind seeing one of Bodymoor Heath like that!

I could do it if it's possible. I doubt I'd be able to drive around it the same as I think it's out in the countryside effectively. But maybe I can go and strap the camera to my chest or head like a lunatic and film the tour?

• Like 1

I'm glad you guys liked it. I had a tiny idea to do it and just grabbed the camera on my way into town, diverting slightly to do this. I have since had a few more ideas, hindsight and forward planning are wonderful. And the weather today is much better but hey ho I'm glad somebody benefited from it! 

Good job it wasn't match day. Rob would've had squashed toes.

Rob's used to me pointing my camera towards him. I fear more for my camera and car than his toes now

Wouldnt mind seeing one of Bodymoor Heath like that!

I could do it if it's possible. I doubt I'd be able to drive around it the same as I think it's out in the countryside effectively. But maybe I can go and strap the camera to my chest or head like a lunatic and film the tour?

You need a few more wedding bookings, obviously ;)

• Like 1

The Holte steps are magnificent. They are one of the most iconic sights in football as far as I'm concerned. The club (and the FA) should make more of them imo.

I wish they'd rebuild the Trinity Road facade in the timeless style it was previously. :^(

The Holte steps are magnificent. They are one of the most iconic sights in football as far as I'm concerned. The club (and the FA) should make more of them imo.

I wish they'd rebuild the Trinity Road facade in the timeless style it was previously. :^(

Agree, although just to clarify, what I meant was that the club should make more (of a big deal about) them as opposed to making more actual steps etc. - on the off chance you misunderstood :)

Would be even better still if you could do a repeat performance on a match day early next season & take in some of the local watering holes & footage of fans making their way to & from the ground & also in & around the stadium & the Villa Village to gauge their excitement & air of anticipation.

I bet that would go down a treat with a lot of the overseas VT members too.

Anyway, great work so keep it up & keep 'em all coming. :)

• Like 2

Â