Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

On 27/12/2018 at 22:35, TheAuthority said:

It was the video of them repeatedly smashing the piglets onto the floor.

Awful scene :(

An Innocent Man - Netflix, if you like Making a Murderer, then you'll enjoy this. Great 6 episode doc.

Murder Mountain - Netflix, cannabis growers and lots of missing people in rural Cali, very interesting.

watched farenheit 11/9, looked at the review scores first and they werent too bad but i still think moore has disappeared up his ass and lost his touch, its too scatter gun, some of it works, some of it doesnt and a good chunk of it has been done better elsewhere (the nazi stuff here is shite compared to the impact that 13th had) should have focused more on bernie sanders, voter disillusionment, it doesnt need the flint stuff or the 2020 election stuff which takes up a large portion of the film 

he should just make a Flint film and be done with it but i think he knows no one will watch it

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

How good was Bros: When The Screaming Stops?!?

parts Spinal Tap, parts The Office

incredible!!! 

I kept meaning to post about this and was surprised that nobody else had done before now, tbh. 

Genuinely amazing piece of television.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, choffer said:

I kept meaning to post about this and was surprised that nobody else had done before now, tbh. 

Genuinely amazing piece of television.

Came across this the other night and was going to watch but never did and ended up watching some A1 road police series on iplayer instead.

Will give this Bros. documentary a watch this weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

incredible!!! 

There are some seriously f**** up issues going on there with these two.

Both as bad as each other at times and acting like a couple of Divas..

Interesting watch nonetheless.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, theboyangel said:

incredible!!! 

I read a tweet that made me laugh; something on the lines of "it looked like they'd covered themselves in glue & then ran through River Island !"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I read a tweet that made me laugh; something on the lines of "it looked like they'd covered themselves in glue & then ran through River Island !"

this sums up some of Matt Goss’s pearls of wisdom 🤣

well worth a watch and still available on BBC iPlayer. 

At times you can’t help but think it’s a wind up but they’re as genuine as they can be (but totally lost in their own showbiz/sibling rivalry worlds). 

Compelling viewing. 

• Haha 2

On 04/01/2019 at 19:42, stuart_75 said:

Murder Mountain - Netflix, cannabis growers and lots of missing people in rural Cali, very interesting.

I watched the first one of these the other night. 

I thought it was really well shot and looked great, but I didn't think it was that good overall 

It seemed to be padded out quite a bit and I don't think I'll get through 6 episodes. 

I appreciate the first one was probably doing quite a bit of scene setting, so I'll persist for now. 

Fascinating, tragic story of a great jazz talent, one of my favorite trumpet players, and the woman who rescued him from drug addiction and rebuilt his life and career before ultimately shooting him at a gig in a moment of passion.  I highly recommend it if you're familiar with Lee Morgan or Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers of the late '50s through mid '60s.  It includes some great footage and stills from his career, interviews with a number of well known jazz men who played with him, and an unfinished interview with his widow taped 25 years later, right before she died.

DZM1PxBXkAYjCCQ.jpg

• Like 1

Jesus, the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix.  Never seen a more deserving set of people get their just desserts as they do in this depressing episode.  I hear a fund has been started for the Bahamian workers, the people who were burned the worst.

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Jesus, the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix.  Never seen a more deserving set of people get their just desserts as they do in this depressing episode.  I hear a fund has been started for the Bahamian workers, the people who were burned the worst.

Yeah I watched this myself yesterday. Fascinating stuff. 

Amazing how so many people working their absolute bollocks off can be undone by a couple of dickheads at the top. 

Even some of the guys involved at the top level were clearly trying to do the right thing and working until they dropped but they never had a chance. 

On 12/01/2019 at 12:46, theboyangel said:

this sums up some of Matt Goss’s pearls of wisdom 🤣

well worth a watch and still available on BBC iPlayer. 

At times you can’t help but think it’s a wind up but they’re as genuine as they can be (but totally lost in their own showbiz/sibling rivalry worlds). 

Compelling viewing. 

I just rewatched all of the (UK) office and this stuff is more David Brent than David Brent.

Ive gotta Watch this Bros doc tonight.

• Like 2

Â