Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

ive got the mandela ESPN 30 for 30 film to watch tonight, found the series a bit hit and miss but overall very good, two escobars, once brothers and the announcement probably my favourites

recently watched searching for sugarman and loved it, think a huge part of that was never having heard it before and liking the music though

others i liked -

last train home (about the huge human migration when chinese workers leave the cities for new year)

everything or nothing (the bond documentary)

murderball

he's an utter cock but i also like michael moores stuff

The House I Live In (U.S. Drug War)

The Smartest Guys in the Room (Rise and Fall of Enron Corp.)

The Fog of War (A focus on Robert McNamara, U.S. Defense Secretary from 1963-68)

The Two Escobars (The story of the drug lord and footballer)

All jaw dropping films

• Like 1

anything with david attenborough/animals

as long as its not animals being hurt, and restrepo was brilliant

but the greatest documentary ever is

HEARTWORN HIGHWAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FjnXkhwubzQ

absolutely brilliant anyone with any interest at all in country music should watch it...actually just anyone should watch it

and Townes Van Zandts version of waitin round to die is brilliant, so good it made uncle Seymour Washington cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kFh4DebJAfs

Edited by leemond2008

Really enjoyed this not long ago

surfwise.jpg

It's about a guy who leaves a lucrative profession in medicine in favour of pursuing a passion for surfing. In the process, he raises a family - 8 kids, I think it was, living in a camper van and getting home schooled.

the cove?

20091101220358south_parks_enola_gay.jpg

if only they learnt to slaughter cows, then no one would care!

I know, Western hypocrisy is staggering

Cows are specifically breed for food ...Whales aren't

Cows aren't endangered , sharks are

Cows are killed humainly with a bolt to the back of the head ... Watch the cove and see how the japs send flipper to the next world

No hypocrisy at all really

I did watch one about a school in yank land that collected 30m paperclips, think it might have been linked to the holocaust, they originally planned on collecting 6m so the kids could get an idea of just how many it was that were killed, then they just kept going...

also watched one on fracking called gas land that was ok but I didn't really the style of it and the bridge, a documentary about the people that commit suicide off the golden gate bridge, that's a good one

im sure Netflix was excellent for documentaries and I used to watch a couple a week

Â