Jed Steer

samjp26

don't think he was that standout -- but I'd like to see him off the line more (specifically for the Mings backpass error).

if our situation comes to Martinez quarantining/not in the squad again I'd seriously consider giving Sinisalo some match experience if he's as highly rated by Cutler as reported

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. I am 48 and should be able to rise above such matters but his hair really annoys me! I mean, it really annoys me. Way too much!

Anyway, massive day for him. Deserves a bit of time in the spotlight. Go well with your rubbish hair you penalty saving legend!

if only he had an afro :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why are people so negative towards him?

A bad error on the corner in the first few minutes...potentially could have come out quicker for the second.

Apart from that, he was assured in the air and played well with his feet.

He didn't really get tested a lot. I don't know if the score would be any different with Emi in net based on the goals they scored.

• Like 1

He was poor imo, called for an early corner and got nowhere near it. Sits too far back on his line. The 3rd goal was horrible from a GK perspective, didn’t move his feet and again was too close to his line, it was like he didn’t anticipate the shot. He wasn’t the reason we lost but got the impression he doesn’t install any confidence in the defence. 

• Like 1

4 shots on goal. 3 goals conceded. (To be honest, I can't remember the "save", so I'll assume that was a shot straight into his arms). I feel Emi would have done better in all 3.

Steer needs a run of games for confidence and needs to be further off his line - but I wouldn't put him in goal in the cup against Chelsea.

9 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

4 shots on goal. 3 goals conceded. (To be honest, I can't remember the "save", so I'll assume that was a shot straight into his arms). I feel Emi would have done better in all 3.

Steer needs a run of games for confidence and needs to be further off his line - but I wouldn't put him in goal in the cup against Chelsea.

Hudson-Odoi first half cut in from right and shot left footed straight at him. We need a better back up to Emi someone who can push him.

Edit - or was it Ziyech?

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Thanks 1

Â