Jed Steer

samjp26

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/transfers/aston-villa-rip-up-sarkic-deal/

Manager Steve Bruce explained at his media briefing on Friday that the Championship giants have recalled Sarkic, 20, from the League One leaders, who he initially joined on a season-long loan.

Thanks Bobzy, I don't know how reliable that source is though

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks Bobzy, I don't know how reliable that source is though

It's also in the Birmingham Mail.  Just Google "Matija Sarkic loan recall".

However, Bruce is open to letting the likes of Easah Suliman and goalkeeper Matija Sarkic out to gain first team experience.

England under-20 defender Suliman made his first team debut in August but remains down the pecking order and is attracting attention from several League One clubs.

Sarkic, meanwhile, spent the first half of the season on loan at League One leaders Wigan Athletic and made three appearances in cup competitions. The Montenegrin has now been recalled with Villa less than impressed by his lack of exposure to first team duties.

(Link: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-easah-suliman-callum-14145748?service=responsive)

• 4 months later...

Not only is it time to bump this thread, but its time to put some faith in this lad.

Hes been here for 5 years and has waited patiently for his chance, looked very good whenever he has been given the odd game.

With the financial mess we are in, this lad could answer a few prayers, was really impressed with him in preseason last year and made some really good saves against Peterborough in the cup.

I have full faith in him, whens he back from injury?

• Like 1

Wolves got promoted with Ruddy - and I don't think Johnstone was as great as some say. He has seemed a bit erratic in his very limited appearances for us, but he certainly looks worthy of his chance now.

• 1 month later...

Hope you are coming back in good condition, next season is the start of your Villa career.

I look forward to seeing him between the sticks and hopefully establishing himself. 12 months left on his deal, has everything to prove.

Â