Lambert appoints three new coaches

samjp26

I am actually laughing out loud at some of the most ridiculous statements I have seen since Paul Lambert was called the best of his generation

I would wager that most if not nearly all Villa fans who are calling these great additions to the club actually know or knew who these people were or what they will bring to the club. Now there is no denying that Lambert woeful tactics meant that our defence at times last year was some of the worst I have seen in my 40 odd year watching Villa. The continued lack of clean sheets - a record that is still going - means that we desperately need some coaching in that area. It's obvious that Lambert and his current sidekicks have failed in that department

Now these 3 people may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread but please don't start quoting Norwich and Youth cup as some sort of justification, especially when you consider what we have already at the club in the past few years

As we seem to have a lack of older heads in the squad then we need some seriously good coaching certainly, lets hope that these three wide men can provide that. As I know so little about them, and a quick trawl of the reputable web sites etc don't talk about them very much, I suppose I will have to wait and see what they will bring.

Have some posts been deleted in here?

The only positive posts I can see are just people welcoming some new coaches which, as you say, seems to be something we need.

I don't see anyone claiming to know anything about them, let alone "quoting Norwich and Youth Cup"

I are confused

• Like 1

Have some posts been deleted in here?

The only positive posts I can see are just people welcoming some new coaches which, as you say, seems to be something we need.

I don't see anyone claiming to know anything about them, let alone "quoting Norwich and Youth Cup"

I are confused

Probably referring to this one on the first page.

marshall was a defender, was also head of youth development at norwich and they won the youth cup last year so thats suggesting a good appointment

By far the best coaches the world has ever seen

Agreed. I've wanted these guys in for a while. Can't believe it's finally happened! Stroke of genius on Lamberts part!

Yep a stroke of genius alright being able to employ coaches in football.

^^^ ah fair enough. I glanced over that one as I thought, for some reason, they were talking about Andy Marshall (as in our keeper) taking up a coaching role.

Edit: O was referring to Cizzler's post

Edited by Stevo985

^^^ ah fair enough. I glanced over that one as I thought, for some reason, they were talking about Andy Marshall (as in our keeper) taking up a coaching role.

Edit: O was referring to Cizzler's post

No worries. The original quote is hardly a "ridiculous statement" anywho.

Now there is no denying that Lambert woeful tactics meant that our defence at times last year was some of the worst I have seen in my 40 odd year watching Villa. The continued lack of clean sheets - a record that is still going - means that we desperately need some coaching in that area. It's obvious that Lambert and his current sidekicks have failed in that department

you are Alex McLeish?

Â