Lambert appoints three new coaches

samjp26

Another player rejoining a former club, Thomas Hitzlsperger is in talks with Aston Villa about rejoining the club in a coaching role #AVFC

Might be another addition soon!

Get some tasty long shot tuition!

The good thing about a coaching signing like that is if we hit a disastrous injury crisis and he was registered (eg if we didn't hit the 25 players over the given age without him) he could at least add a body on the bench

Der Hammer in a coaching role? When did he retire?!

He is unattached at the moment.  Career blighted by injury so I cant see him getting a contract, even if it is pay as you play. He has made about 25 appearances in the last four years and hardly any of those have been for the full 90 minutes.  If he wants to stay in the game then coaching is the way to go and I guess he might as well come back to Brum and brush up on his accent. 

I am actually laughing out loud at some of the most ridiculous statements I have seen since Paul Lambert was called the best of his generation

I would wager that most if not nearly all Villa fans who are calling these great additions to the club actually know or knew who these people were or what they will bring to the club. Now there is no denying that Lambert woeful tactics meant that our defence at times last year was some of the worst I have seen in my 40 odd year watching Villa. The continued lack of clean sheets - a record that is still going - means that we desperately need some coaching in that area. It's obvious that Lambert and his current sidekicks have failed in that department

Now these 3 people may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread but please don't start quoting Norwich and Youth cup as some sort of justification, especially when you consider what we have already at the club in the past few years

As we seem to have a lack of older heads in the squad then we need some seriously good coaching certainly, lets hope that these three wide men can provide that. As I know so little about them, and a quick trawl of the reputable web sites etc don't talk about them very much, I suppose I will have to wait and see what they will bring.

• Like 1

I am actually laughing out loud at some of the most ridiculous statements I have seen since Paul Lambert was called the best of his generation

I would wager that most if not nearly all Villa fans who are calling these great additions to the club actually know or knew who these people were or what they will bring to the club. Now there is no denying that Lambert woeful tactics meant that our defence at times last year was some of the worst I have seen in my 40 odd year watching Villa. The continued lack of clean sheets - a record that is still going - means that we desperately need some coaching in that area. It's obvious that Lambert and his current sidekicks have failed in that department

Now these 3 people may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread but please don't start quoting Norwich and Youth cup as some sort of justification, especially when you consider what we have already at the club in the past few years

As we seem to have a lack of older heads in the squad then we need some seriously good coaching certainly, lets hope that these three wide men can provide that. As I know so little about them, and a quick trawl of the reputable web sites etc don't talk about them very much, I suppose I will have to wait and see what they will bring.

Come now, Drat! You must know that Paul Lambert can do no wrong so if he appoints 3 new coaches they must be excellent, the best coaches the world has ever seen.  ;)

• Like 1

Drat - which posts in particular did you "actually laugh out loud" at reading?

Come now, Drat! You must know that Paul Lambert can do no wrong so if he appoints 3 new coaches they must be excellent, the best coaches the world has ever seen. ;)

This post is absolutely pathetic. Though expected.

Drat - which posts in particular did you "actually laugh out loud" at reading?

Come now, Drat! You must know that Paul Lambert can do no wrong so if he appoints 3 new coaches they must be excellent, the best coaches the world has ever seen. ;)

This post is absolutely pathetic. Though expected.

Honest of you to refer to your own post in those terms. Saves the bother of anyone else saying it,

Dave - there is a serious danger of this becoming "post on poster" etc, so probably best not to carry on down that particular path.

Let's just say on Twitter, FB, this and a few other sites there does appear now to be a mentality where PL could say "Jimmy Saville was a great child minder" and some would believe it. The point is that these three coaches are obviously needed considering areas where we need to improve and the inexperience of the squad etc. But I still maintain that most of the posters would not know who they were, nor have a clue as to if they are good coaches or not. Let's see what they achieve working under the constraints of the club before we laud them with such high praise, was my point

• Like 1

Another player rejoining a former club, Thomas Hitzlsperger is in talks with Aston Villa about rejoining the club in a coaching role #AVFC

Might be another addition soon!

Get some tasty long shot tuition!

I can honestly say I'll be absolutely staggered if that's true.

• Like 1

Der Hammer in a coaching role? When did he retire?!

He is unattached at the moment.  Career blighted by injury so I cant see him getting a contract, even if it is pay as you play. He has made about 25 appearances in the last four years and hardly any of those have been for the full 90 minutes.  If he wants to stay in the game then coaching is the way to go and I guess he might as well come back to Brum and brush up on his accent. 

true but if he has retired the last thing I remember seeing him do on a football pitch was hit the bar from inside centre circle for Everton  B)

might need to get yourself down to the pessimism thread ;)

• Like 2

Pleased to see we have got 3 new coaches.

The fitness coach should certainly help our fitness in the engine room.

Hopefully by the start of the season we'll be firing on all cylinders but knowing our luck the wheels will come off after the tough start we have.

We do need to get in to fifth gear as soon as possible and keep it up as we looked a bit exhausted come the end of the season.

Presume we can now close the Honda thread if there was one!

Agenda.

Â