Canadian 'free agent' fan picks Aston Villa as his new team

Zatman

I'm going to do the same in reverse.  Write to every Canadian hockey team, and get my own thread.

am sure you would love that if  the "things that piss you off that shouldnt thread" is anything to go by ;)

“I cannot guarantee you will be following a team that will win everything, but I guarantee you will follow a team that will throw everything at it trying"

and the things we throw at it will just astound you new Villa fans. Just google Emile Heskey and strap yourselves in for the magical Villa mystery tour!

South Park taught me that Canada aren't even a real country anyway...

Sorry... welcome aboard. I would really like to visit Canada. Big country with lots of adventures possible it seems. In fact, I could quite easily up sticks and move there from what I have seen and heard.

There is nothing wrong with the term soccer. It is a perfectly good British term almost as old as the game has been organised i.e. as long as there has been an association of clubs (thats the FA)

• Like 3

People who are soccer snobs usually don't enjoy American football.

Welcome Michael! Ignore about 99% of the posters on here and you'll have a decent time :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

Finally, I make a debut here in Villa Talk... It's been a pretty interesting ride since I got this crazy idea a month or so ago. I might take this moment to thank all the Villa faithful out there who made this campaign a complete whitewash versus every other Premier League team. What started as a campaign to see how team officials could illustrate what made their clubs special, it quickly turned into a campaign engineered by the fans...of Aston Villa. I could have let this thing ride out for a month and nobody would've caught up to the lead built by the Villa backers from Day 1. To SeanO: you are right, there are too many ManU bandwagon jumpers over here, but not all of us are such as you can see. To TrentVilla: "odd" is a fair assessment, but then again, I am wired a little differently than most, and it's served me well in life and business. To CarewsEyebrowDesigner: no, I am not employed by the club. To HeyAnty: uksoccershop.com (there's that word again) offers 24 quid for 2 day shipping to my business address in Buffalo, NY for a boatload of loot. To jimmygreaves: right. because fake fans dive in head first and buy 2 full season seats despite living 4,000 miles away...don't be bitter, jimmy, be better. To DelboyVilla: no need for generalizations...Robin Van der Laan doesn't allow my son to call it "soccer," neither do I...and offside, as you know it, is a stupid rule the way it's set, subject to too many BS wrong calls, and should be tweaked. To HalfTimePost: You should see the stupid shit that gets written on American pro sports' message boards and forums...at least you guys have a great sense of humor about most stuff here. To Wainy316: The NHL is a complete insignificant waste of time...don't bother. To Raver50032: You remind me of people from Dayton, Ohio when you speak that way. Lol. Glad to be aboard!!!

And we are glad to have you sir.

I love this story, it just makes me smile.  AVFCLion2013 sir you have made the right choice for the right reasons, may your stay be a long and happy one.  The season tickets for the kids is a wonderful gesture, you should be commended for it. 

• Like 1

Â