Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

maqroll

OK it's 'great' to see that my temporary OT is still going strong nearly 2 pages later but can we really get back to talking about Honda full time in here now please?  Subsequent OT posts will be removed.

• Like 2

Honda's a good player. He could play as an attacking midfielder or even in Gabby and Andi's position.

Having watched him a fair amount of times, he can go missing for long stretches as he isn't the most hard working player you'll see. But he does have the technical ability to play a killer pass and is obviously a good set piece taker.

his contract expires in december so we can talk to him but he wont be a free until january, seen / heard a lot of talk about him being free, no one seems to take notice of the russians having different football seasons to us

Russian league has moved to traditional winter European season but dont know if contracts have moved over in same way

his contract expires in december so we can talk to him but he wont be a free until january, seen / heard a lot of talk about him being free, no one seems to take notice of the russians having different football seasons to us

Russian league has moved to traditional winter European season but dont know if contracts have moved over in same way

signed a 4 year deal in december 09

I don't think he would pick us over the other clubs in for him. We may have a slight chance with Belhanda i.e. clubs might balk at the fee giving us a run at him but Honda on a free will be a no brainer for better positioned clubs than us around Europe.

That's assuming we are looking at him at all. Could just have been pulling our name out of a hat.

This wont happen.

I have more chance of getting Tulisa to sit on my face.

When she gets off mine I'll send her around.

PS. To keep on topic and not risk the wrath of the mods I like Honda.

Edited by pacbuddies

Villa are long overdue in breaking into the Far East market, sales of his shirt alone would pay half his wages...

I would very much doubt that was true of any player ever.

How much do you recon shirt sales would increase? The profit margins would not be large on a football shirt for the club itself. You would have to sell an astronomical number to cover 30k pw every week for three years (or whatever half his wage would be). And that's not including lost revenue from counterfit shirts.

I was exaggerating  ;)

Guess we're either gonna' get a Honda or a Henda.

Imagine if we signed both. Just what sort of statement of intent would that send out from our claret n' blue heroes?

But perhaps I'm just being greedy, delusional or both.

I bet we don't get either because we're not after them.