Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

maqroll

Temporarily O/T, the fact our manager shares his initials with the abbreviation for the league regularly annoys me because of ambiguity like the one you just posted. Yours was tongue in cheek but other ones have been less so :)

Some people tried to use Premier League to differentiate but certain posters don't like that term and jump on you for using it.

People don't like "Premier League"?

Why ever not?

It's what it's called!

However, people trying to use the initials "E.P.L."...Don't get me started...

Edited by briny_ear

Premier League is what annoys me. It's not called the English Premier League.

It may not be the "correct" term for it. But that's what it's marketed as everywhere outside Britain I'd guess.

Certainly, here it's the English Premier League.

Edit: Wow, 'E.P.L' gets filtered to 'Premier League' on here  :P

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

PL = Premier League (England), Premier League (Scotland), Primera Liga (Spain)

The E bit just  saves on confusion, stupid and all as it is

• Like 1

E.P.L gets changed to Premier League so I;m guessing that's what Stevo meant.

Has he refused a contract or something? I don't understand why CSKA haven't offered him a new one by now.

JAPAN midfielder Keisuke Honda could be motoring into the Premier League.

Honda wants to join his international team-mate Shinji Kagawa in the top flight after seeing out his deal with CSKA Moscow.

And he will have no shortage of offers after helping CSKA become Russian champions last season.

Honda, 27, is available on a free after rejecting repeated attempts by the Moscow outfit’s coach Leonid Slutsky to get him to sign a new long-term deal. Everton, Aston Villa and long-term admirers Tottenham will lead the charge for Honda, who is currently on Confederations Cup duty with his country in Brazil.

:wacko:

It may not be the "correct" term for it. But that's what it's marketed as everywhere outside Britain I'd guess.

Certainly, here it's the English Premier League.

Edit: Wow, 'E.P.L' gets filtered to 'Premier League' on here  :P

Yeah, frankly this snobbery/pedantry about the correct way to abbreviate the Premier League's name is getting on my nerves. That extra "E" is very useful (as we saw just now), and you're very right it's how it's marketed outside Britain.

What's the rationale behind using the official spelling, and only the official spelling?

Ridiculous that E-P-L is being filtered, absolutely ridiculous imho :( unless it has something to do with advertisements or Big Brother Media Watchdog.

Has he refused a contract or something? I don't understand why CSKA haven't offered him a new one by now.

JAPAN midfielder Keisuke Honda could be motoring into the Premier League.

Honda wants to join his international team-mate Shinji Kagawa in the top flight after seeing out his deal with CSKA Moscow.

And he will have no shortage of offers after helping CSKA become Russian champions last season.

Honda, 27, is available on a free after rejecting repeated attempts by the Moscow outfit’s coach Leonid Slutsky to get him to sign a new long-term deal. Everton, Aston Villa and long-term admirers Tottenham will lead the charge for Honda, who is currently on Confederations Cup duty with his country in Brazil.

:wacko:

oops

I've also seen BPL, as in Barclays Premier League, but that looks a bit odd to me for some reason.

his contract expires in december so we can talk to him but he wont be a free until january, seen / heard a lot of talk about him being free, no one seems to take notice of the russians having different football seasons to us

spurs dont need him unless they sell dempsey or sigurdsson, id happily take the latter too if honda did go there

surprised its taken this long for the stories to start emerging, needs to get himself a better agent

I've also seen BPL, as in Barclays Premier League, but that looks a bit odd to me for some reason.

Actually, isn't that the real official name? You know, as opposed to just "PL"?