Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

maqroll

I just can't SEAT (see it) but what a MONDEO (Monday oh) it would be if he signed . I doubt we can afFORD (Henry Ford , automobile guy) him. I wonder if Alan CARr's (Car lol lol) dad rates him. !

Car,  Car,  Car !!!!!

Vroom ,  vroom !!!!

First rule of puns: If you have to explain them, then they're sh*t.

Second rule of puns: Forget the first rule, all puns are sh*t.

First rule of sarcasm. If you don't understand it , don't use it .

• Like 1

Done done done done done done done done done done done done done done one (!) (!)

(Not the deal... these dreadful puns, in the transfer thread).

I seem to remember him being fairly good at long shots, which seems to be high in Lambert's checklist. I can't see it happening, but I'd love to see him here.

I just can't SEAT (see it) but what a MONDEO (Monday oh) it would be if he signed . I doubt we can afFORD (Henry Ford , automobile guy) him. I wonder if Alan CARr's (Car lol lol) dad rates him. !

Car,  Car,  Car !!!!!

Vroom ,  vroom !!!!

First rule of puns: If you have to explain them, then they're sh*t.

Second rule of puns: Forget the first rule, all puns are sh*t.

First rule of sarcasm. If you don't understand it , don't use it .

:D  Touché

Villa are long overdue in breaking into the Far East market, sales of his shirt alone would pay half his wages...

I would very much doubt that was true of any player ever.

How much do you recon shirt sales would increase? The profit margins would not be large on a football shirt for the club itself. You would have to sell an astronomical number to cover 30k pw every week for three years (or whatever half his wage would be). And that's not including lost revenue from counterfit shirts.

Villa are long overdue in breaking into the Far East market, sales of his shirt alone would pay half his wages...

Success on the pitch is imperative if you want to break into the Asian market. Chelsea have done well in that respect, even though they don't have any Asian players on their roster. In comparison, Soton have the Jap defender Yoshida, but because they haven't been anywhere near as successful they haven't been able to attract fans.

I don't see people wearing Dong Fangzhuo shirts either (remember him?) 

I agree that you need success to help stimulate the revenue. I don't think there's any doubt in that.

However, having been over to Japan. Honda is a mega star in sports for them, more so than Kagawa actually. Granted I went over August 2012 so it was after he'd signed for United but before he'd played a full season there. So they might be closer to each other now in popularity I'm unsure. My point is comparing Yoshida and Dong Fangzhuo to Honda is grossly misguided. There's honestly no comparison between them an Honda in regards to popularity in their respective countries.

Despite that we'll do well to recoup half of his wages on revenue but you never know, especially if we did a tour of there a year or something. They really do worship their one of two stars in their respective sport.

Car, Car, Car !!!!!

Vroom , vroom !!!!

Hahaha! That actually tickled me. Cracking satire.

Can't see this one happening, but it would be sexy if it did.

"Everton, Aston Villa and long-term admirers Tottenham will lead the charge"

In the guesswork opinion of the journalist. No story here, folks.

• Like 1

Success on the pitch is imperative if you want to break into the Asian market. Chelsea have done well in that respect, even though they don't have any Asian players on their roster. In comparison, Soton have the Jap defender Yoshida, but because they haven't been anywhere near as successful they haven't been able to attract fans.

Dunno, QPR suddenly became the second biggest club in Korea overnight last year.

I agree that you need success to help stimulate the revenue. I don't think there's any doubt in that.

However, having been over to Japan. Honda is a mega star in sports for them, more so than Kagawa actually. Granted I went over August 2012 so it was after he'd signed for United but before he'd played a full season there. So they might be closer to each other now in popularity I'm unsure. My point is comparing Yoshida and Dong Fangzhuo to Honda is grossly misguided. There's honestly no comparison between them an Honda in regards to popularity in their respective countries.

Fair enough although as you've said, the merchandise sales might not be enough for us to fully recoup his wages.

Dunno, QPR suddenly became the second biggest club in Korea overnight last year.

You're kidding me! I might understand if it were an up-and-coming star like Son Heung Min but Park is over-the-hill...

That said Park was more than a decent player back in the day so it's a little more understandable than Dong Fz.

Fair enough although as you've said, the merchandise sales might not be enough for us to fully recoup his wages.

Oh yeah, I don't know how much he'd take though. £50k? I don't know but he can't be on much more than that at his current club. He'd be a quality signing but as an Asian player you're always unsure on how they will adjust as well as take to the language. He'd definitely bring a lot to our club I feel though. It's whether we'd pay the wages which to me seems unlikely as we're trying to balance the books and achieve success on a much lower budget.

All this I guess we realise how spoilt MON was under Lerner. To think that players like Zat Knight were most likely on 30k+ makes me cry lol!

Leaving the inevitable puns aside for a mo', he'd be amazing. He's exactly what we've lacked. If we get him by using the lure of the PL it would be fantastic. On the face of it, surely someone higher up the pecking order would go for him, but then thinking about it, only Everton are higher and in a position where they wouldn't be aiming for higher profile transfer targets. Liverpool are going for the likes of Mkhitaryan, Spurs are going for Paulinho and you can't imagine a top 4 side wanting him - so you just never know... What I do know is that if Lambert does want him, we've already seen this summer that he'll waste no time in finding out very quickly whether Honda wants to come or not.