The Universe

dont_do_it_doug.

Big bang theory confuses me. For a 'bang' to happen then two atoms need to collide right? But if the big bang created everything then where did the two atoms that had to collide to cause the bang come from?

Or have I just completely misunderstood it?

Big bang theory confuses me. For a 'bang' to happen then two atoms need to collide right? But if the big bang created everything then where did the two atoms that had to collide to cause the bang come from?

God created the atoms of course.

I think the theory is that everything that is now was compacted into one infinitely small space (possibly from one former state of existance). Another theory is membranes of two multiverses colliding to spark it. Fun but probably futile to speculated on, as there is no answer obtainable for now.

jV2Xjrn.jpg

This is a bit of cliche now I guess, but this image covers a formely thought dark spot on the sky the size of the tip of ball point pen held at an arms length.

Story behind it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-mwfUr-3Xc

Is the universe infinite and also within this universe does a multiverse exist & are they infinite 

If the universe is infinite then it stands to reason that within this universe are an infinite number of other universes, with an infinite number more being created every moment. The great thing about infinity is that literally anything and everything can, has, and will happen. There is another universe where Paul Lambert sells all of his squad, signs a number of people from VillaTalk and goes on to win the Champions League with them. 

• Like 1

At the quantum level particles pop in and out of existence. What happens is they are borrowed from negative space (we live in positive space, so to speak). These are called fluctuations. The theory is something triggered too much 'borrowing' and the big bang happened i.e the balance between +/- swayed drastically in favour of +. Something like that. If you look at this

cosmic_microwave_background_radiation_la

it shows where more/less particles came into + space. The reason the universe is so varied and wonderful is down to this random spread i.e if the universe expanded as one (like a balloon) then you wouldn't have had different gas clouds form immediately after the big bang etc.

What we don't know is what triggered it.

(I should add science moves pretty rapidly and my understanding is probably wrong/outdated).

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

At the quantum level particles pop in and out of existence. What happens is they are borrowed from negative space (we live in positive space, so to speak). These are called fluctuations. The theory is something triggered too much 'borrowing' and the big bang happened i.e the balance between +/- swayed drastically in favour of +. Something like that. If you look at this

cosmic_microwave_background_radiation_la

it shows where more/less particles came into + space. The reason the universe is so varied and wonderful is down to this random spread i.e if the universe expanded as one (like a balloon) then you wouldn't have had different gas clouds form immediately after the big bang etc.

What we don't know is what triggered it.

(I should add science moves pretty rapidly and my understanding is probably wrong/outdated).

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

• Like 1

The Universe really is a wonderful thing, it makes words flow out like endless rain into a paper cup, slithering wildly as they slip away across the universe.

It can make me feel many contrasting emotions, pools of sorrow as well as waves of joy drift through my opened mind, possessing and caressing me when I think about it.

I look at pictures of the Universe and to me they appear as Images of broken light, which dance before me like a million eyes. Sometimes I feel like they are calling me on and on across it.

I think about it from time to time and my thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box, they tumble blindly as they make their way across thoughts of it.

The Universe does make me laugh though, often sounds of laughter and shades of life can be heard ringing through my opened ears Inciting and inviting me. I do care for it though and it's a limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, It calls me on and on across it's area.

In conclusion, nothing's gonna change my world...Jai Guru Deva, Om

• Like 2

The universe is running away

I heard it on the news just the other day

There's this new stuff called dark energy

We can't measure and we can't see

It's some elemental mystery train that we can't catch

But our heads are in the oven and somebody's 'bout to strike a match

Meanwhile back on our big round ball

Things are getting serious as cholesterol

Permutations, calculations, greedy piggies at the trough

Arrogance and ignorance and just to top it off

I can't keep up with the Nasdaq, who got sold and who got bought

I've got to take my lunch break

But I'll leave you with a little food for thought

What if it's all too simple

For the big brains to figure it out

What if the hokey pokey

Is all it really is about?

What if life is just a cosmic joke

Like spiders in your underwear or olives in your Coke?

My life can get as messy as a day-old sticky bun

So I arm myself with punchlines and a giant water gun

They say it's not that simple, but just maybe it should be

It's time to change the subject, would you join for a cup of herbal tea?

I still believe in rock and roll

It pays my bills and it soothes my soul

There really really isn't a whole lot more around

Except maybe Frank Sinatra and the big band sound

I want music in my music, I want chicken in my soup

I want caffeine in my system, let's revive the hula hoop

You put your hand in, you take your hand out

You put your mind in, and you shake it all about

You've only got two options: having fun or freaking out

That's what it's all about

You put your left fin in, you take your left fin out

You put your plastic ass in, and you shake it all about