Poyet sacked live on BBC

TrentVilla

The Brighton statement is very deliberately worded - this is a disciplinary sacking - no compensation - it is such a strange one, clearly those in the studio know what he's done and there seemed to be some sympathy with him - I don't think we've heard the end of it, that's for sure.

When do we think he'll take over at Newcastle?

Thinking about the Newcastle post too. If Pardew walked because of JFK and Gus were to go to Newcastle, with Kinnear then stepping down (or taking a back seat), would Pardew be able to do Newcastle for constructive dismissal?

I've heard it said that he found out off-camera, perhaps while watching a match, so he knew what was coming. But I still think the presenter lacked class in how he broached the subject and with how he questioned Poyet. He seemed to be relishing the situation.

I've heard it said that he found out off-camera, perhaps while watching a match, so he knew what was coming. But I still think the presenter lacked class in how he broached the subject and with how he questioned Poyet. He seemed to be relishing the situation.

Like Poyet said though it's a great and rare chance for the BBC to actually 'break' some footballing news...................must have been a long long time since they last broke a (semi) major footballing news story.

I wonder have they dirtied their bib in the eyes of Poyet with how they dealt with it. Might be a while before we see him on that sofa again.

He did.

He said he found out when the BBC handed him the statement. he didn't find out by Chappers telling him live on air.

From the BBC's point of view, of course they would take advantage of the situation, it would of been silly of them not too, hot off the press news with the proverbial horse on the couch at that exact moment. But I'm sure the BBC editing team or Mark Chapman would of asked his permission to speak about it first. Although Poyet did have a stunned look on his face.

• Like 1

An interesting twist on all this is Poyet's right of appeal which he has already said he will exercise.

His appeal could and indeed likely will take a number of weeks to prepare and in turn to be held which means until it is heard and judged upon Brighton can't appoint a new manager.

Therefore it is highly likely that Brighton will go into the new season without a permanent manager because of this utter farce.

An interesting twist on all this is Poyet's right of appeal which he has already said he will exercise.

His appeal could and indeed likely will take a number of weeks to prepare and in turn to be held which means until it is heard and judged upon Brighton can't appoint a new manager.

Therefore it is highly likely that Brighton will go into the new season without a permanent manager because of this utter farce.

isnt he on gardening leave so im sure they can appoint another manager. Hull did it when appointing Dowie

isnt he on gardening leave so im sure they can appoint another manager. Hull did it when appointing Dowie

Absolutely not.

He has been dismissed but has a right of appeal which he has said he wants to take up.

Therefore he remains suspended at this point, you can't then replace him because you have pre-judged the appeal and so that is constructive dismissal.

Brighton at best can appoint a caretaker but nothing more while a appeal is in process.

Â