Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I dont want to set my sights too high though!!! I am happy to give MON and players time because the Prem is a chaotic league in terms of pace and can take some adjusting to (see Drogba, Henry)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it slightly worrying that teams like Chelsea are interested in Sidwell.

It makes you realise that the standard of players we want to buy might be a lot more difficult to obtain than some would imagine.

I dont want to set my sights too high though!!! I am happy to give MON and players time because the Prem is a chaotic league in terms of pace and can take some adjusting to (see Drogba, Henry)

... Bergkamp

With MON linked with pacey forwards e.g Bellamy, Bent, Defoe and with the emergence of Gabby in his preferred centre forward role, could anyone see perhaps Carew playing behind two pacey forwards, he holds the ball up and brings others into play and could go past the strikers, but then wouldnt offer much defensively, and that MON likes all round midfielders who are comfortable going back and forward, this may quash my idea.

Gabby....................Bent/Moore/Bellamy

................Carew.......................................

Barry.......Petrov..........Young

What you think??

i can't see Carew ever being put inbetween the strikers and midfield

1 because he's the target man, and if we need to hit a long ball hes the man to get it too

2 because he has too much power and pace which would be wasted playing him in such a deep role

3 if we are going to put someone in attacking midfeild then he should be a creative player

fair point sam, suppose the role i see him is more of the 4-3-3 role that JPA played early season than a deep lying role yet i do like the 4-4-2 thats been played recently with Barry in centre with Petrov/Gardner

It's gonna be ashame when he brings in a "world class forward" because that means one of the ones we currently have is going to keep getting dropped. :(

By the way i have a friend over XboX live who told me Ridgewell is leaving, mccann and davis are likely and Samuel is practically gone.

I think we should sell Steven Davis as he hasn't turned up at all this season, and even though I don't know how he is in training, it looks like he isn't very interested. When he has come on he hasn't really done anything and his promising season last year seems to be a glimpse, I am sorry to say it because I really liked him. Samuel can go wherever he want for all I care and McCann/Ridgewell aren't good enough for where we are going. Sure we could have kept Ridgey and see how his talent turned out, but we have Cahill and I am pretty sure all of you would pick him before Liam who just seems to lack that bit of concentration.

Davis is a funny one - there's clearly a talented player there, but MON isnt picking him for whatever reason.

The only one I can think of is him having implied publically he wanted to play centrally, when the likes of Gardner have played in 3 positions as well as his own.

He's a decent enough player, but like Darius I think a change of scenery might give him a fresh outlook. With the players we'll hopefully have next season he probably wont get much of a look in.

And Id like Ridge to stay - he's capable enough at fullback, and might save us a few quid (not that we need to now :D) when we look to replace Samuel.

As for other areas, Id certainly like us to sign Luke Young and someone I dont think I've seen mentioned in here before - Stephen Appiah. Im not THAT sure we need a striker - its creativity that's often the problem, as opposed to taking chances now that Baros has left. Appiah is capable of scoring a few, but more importantly is the dominant central player we've needed for years now - he can free up Petrov to play further forward.

Appiah and Barry in the middle, Petrov just in front of them. Heavenly.

we should try and get tevez from the west scum. he has now got used to the prem and will be dynamite next year if they stay up. if not he'll be snapped up.

also i have this strange feeling lately that we might sign frank ribery. or its just wishful thinking

I have mentioned Appiah time and time again...brilliant player...real midfield general........!!!

I did think someone would have, I just couldnt be arsed to search all through the thread looking.

He is rather immense, and exactly what we need.

I think a lot of the big name players will be too dumb to see what a great place to be at Villa is at the moment. They will only be interested when (and it will) the league position reflects this.