Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see us try to get Georgios Seitaridis from Atletico Madrid.He is a marvellous right back who is solid and good going forward.One of the reasons why Greece won Euro 2004.Would probably cost us a ot though.He cost Atletico 12 mill euros.Not a lot of great gettable right backs out there.

I might be mad, but I'd sign Joey Barton.

He desperately wants to leave City, and who can blame him?!

With our forward thinking, ambitious leaders - MON and Randy, he'll be very impressed, and will want to be a part of it.

That's his main grievance with City, they are not matching his own ambition!

Darren Bent - I'm with LukeMoore's valuation. £10M should be about right considering Johnson went for £8ish. I think Charlton will sell even if they stay up - as they could get up to 4 decent prem players for that much.

But the problem will come if he wants to go to one of the big 4. I just get the feeling there'll be a bit of a circus surrounding him in the summer unless someone gets in there early. Not quite on the Ashley Cole-to-Chelsea scale, but it'll be a pain in the arse.

As for Micah Richards - like SWP, he'll want the bling-bling lifestyle that around £60K a week at Chelsea will bring, irrespective of whether or not he ever gets a game. If we think he's any good, it'll be better to wait until next January's window and he'll probably be a lot cheaper.

Darren Bent - I'm with LukeMoore's valuation. £10M should be about right considering Johnson went for £8ish. I think Charlton will sell even if they stay up - as they could get up to 4 decent prem players for that much.

Johnson went for £8m on last years TV money. The new deal will push prices up this summer. I reckon Bent would cost £15m, and I've a feeling he'll be going to Tottenham.

Everyone seems to have £20-£25m to spend.

Now I know some will be telling porkies, but there are a lot of teams out there with dosh at the moment. Prices could get silly.

I think we'll see our record go this summer. In fact I might get a bet on.

I've just seen on Sky where Coppell claims he has 200 million to stregthen the squad....are they taking the piss???Or have the god's really gone crazy???!!! :o :shock: :? :eek: :wow: :bonk:

When does the transfer window open?

The january window felt like it lasted a long time. It was a bit hard to wait for Carew, Young and Maloney!

Will most of the best players wait untill the last minute to sign?

Thanks, brownie

Everyone seems to have £20-£25m to spend.

Now I know some will be telling porkies, but there are a lot of teams out there with dosh at the moment. Prices could get silly.

I think we'll see our record go this summer. In fact I might get a bet on.

I personally think the "everyone will have buckets to spend" talk is a myth, people need to understand that the majority of teams in the premiership are in dept, and furthermore even if most teams were to have funds it doesn't mean they can attract the best players, because the tv money will not mean that all clubs can compete with big wage demands, i remember when Wigan first came up, it was said they had "twenty million to spend" and what happened?, they apparently went in for players but they never had a chance, that's why i'm not worried one bit about this so called "funds" everyone is meant to be getting because it doesn't guarantee anything,

As for Barton, that clause will be a big help if we were to go for him, when all the speculation was going on in January i think only Everton and Boro showed an interest and he turned them down already, i can't see him going to a lowly team either so i think we'd have a great chance to be honest, right now we've got the BIG MOmentum on our side and i think everyone is starting to see that.

I think OBE we are cleverer than that as a club

we picked up Maloney on a song, we picked Carew for **** all

We will break our record and we will see two or three big biys but I expect some quality free transfer like distin and others ....

When it comes to Owen I think there might be only one problem, but that's a huge one. Wages. He won't cut his wages and we won't pay that silly money to him, I think.

I'd rather take Barton than Sidwell as a football-player, but I have my doubts when it comes to the discipline. Something tells me that he's some problems when it comes to that...

I think OBE we are cleverer than that as a club

we picked up Maloney on a song, we picked Carew for **** all

We will break our record and we will see two or three big biys but I expect some quality free transfer like distin and others ....

True with Carew, but we actually paid 1m just to have Maloney 4 months earlier - he'd have been on a Bosman in the summer and therefore free.