Monthly Poll July 2013

limpid

Monthly Polls  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. Who was the most influential person at the club last month?

• The owner
    • The manager
    • A player (please state)
    • Other (please state)
  3. 3. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about future of the club right now?

• Optimistic
    • Pessimistic
    • Indifferent

This is a monthly "state of the club" poll. You can vote for 7 days from the 1st of the month. This will be repeated every month. All votes cast are public.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really optimistic - I think the challenge over the next few weeks is to shift out the overpaid surplus to requirements, and then hopefully we will pick up another couple of starters.

Randy has been mst influential over the past few weeks, as he has allowed a reasonable level of investment despite limited departures thus far.

I've gone with a 5-8th place finish as I would have felt like putting optimistic and 9-13th was an oxymoron! Plus I think there is a real chance not because we have such a great team but I think a couple of last season's top 8 may struggle this season (Everton & West Brom, I'm looking at you!) and we seem as well placed as any team to potentially fill the void.

The most influential person at the club this month and next will be Groundskeeper Willie trying to repair the damage to that hallowed turf caused by Bon-fuckinh-Jovi.

I voted Lambert as the most influentual person, but that's only because I've heard more from him than I have from anyone else (talking about new players etc). I don't really know whether Lerner is influentual for sanctioning player purchases this early, or whether it's always been available and it's Lambert taking a risk etc etc

I'm optimistic (as always) and I think 9th-13th is a realstic benchmark for where we should be aiming.

Perfectly acceptable to vote 9-13th and be optimistic, that represents considerable progress on previous 2 seasons

Exactly what I voted.

Progress is what I hope for and expect. I would obviously prefer it to be rapid, but I am fine with it being slow.

I'd rather have 3 seasons midtable now (but progress year on year) than one year 6th and then a few more years repeating what we've just been through.

I voted Lambert as the most influentual person, but that's only because I've heard more from him than I have from anyone else (talking about new players etc). I don't really know whether Lerner is influentual for sanctioning player purchases this early, or whether it's always been available and it's Lambert taking a risk etc etc

I'm optimistic (as always) and I think 9th-13th is a realstic benchmark for where we should be aiming.

I know exactly where you are coming from, I have just read it a little differently. We seem to be the only club going out and making purchases early, even though many of the required leavers are still about (although we all know that a few have gone already). This must be the owner sanctioning such moves, although the ability Lambert has shown will have heped with that decision.

For me Lerner takes a lot of shit, and although he has made mistakes, he deserves credit where it is due.

The most influential person at the club this month and next will be Groundskeeper Willie trying to repair the damage to that hallowed turf caused by Bon-fuckinh-Jovi.

Looking good so far.  Was inside the ground last week and the pitch was looking decent.  The edges a bit worn but obviously the seeding was doing well

I voted 9-13th because that's realistically achievable. We may finish 7th or 8th but to do that we'd need a lot of investment and a huge slice of luck. We certainly didn't have much luck last season and I think it is highly unlikely Randy is going to throw a shed load of cash in the short term.

I'm very optimistic about next season and I'm probaly being slightly over realistic but I've gone for a top 8 finish, if we can tighten up at the back we'll do very well next season because were gonna be very dangerous goin forward, in my eyes benteke was the key to last season as he kept us up and I expect the same from him this season but playing in a better team will help him, I think lambert will also improve next season and everyone will be right behind him, so glad we stuck with him when we were in dire straits last season,

9-13th and the manager is definitely the biggest factor at the club right now which is why im also optimistic about the future but also realistic. We wont be storming to league to top 8 but that doesnt mean we aren't making progress.

• Like 1

9-13th and the manager is definitely the biggest factor at the club right now which is why im also optimistic about the future but also realistic. We wont be storming to league to top 8 but that doesnt mean we aren't making progress.

This pretty much. Though I don't feel the top 8 is out of reach, not by any stretch, it's more an "aim" than an "expectation".

It's a funny old game this. Many a time we've gone from relegation battle to top 6 in no time at all, three times since I've been a fan. Which is why I'm not panicked at all by these records we broke last year, the progress is far more important to me.

The comment by Okore regarding the phone call to him makes me think Lambert has a lot of influence when it comes to selling the club and his long term plan, makes me more optimistic straight away as the players will want to play for him more!

5-8, I'd say that's pretty damn optimistic, wouldn't you?

6th up would be progressively awesome on an exponential scale. 7th would be superb, 8th or 9th would be excellent, 10th ok, below that dissapointing.

For better or for worse the manager has always (quite rightly) had the most influence at this club under Randy. Faulkner and the other staff behind the scenes seem to have have all done a good job this summer, so hats off to them all.

Â