Where will we finish ?

Some crazy predictions here - 4th?  :D

Anywhere between 8th - 17th for me. I really can't call it at the minute. If Benteke leaves and the new guys don't settle quickly I think we are Fooked!

Positive as always!

I do sincerely apologise for posting my opinion.

Your right, it is very negative of me to say that we can finish 8th baring in mind the season we have just had. Never mind though, don't take that into account when your unfairly quoting my post.

He didn't say you were negative. In fact, he said the complete opposite! 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Haha people predicting 4th? That is crazy, albeit romantic :)

I think we can do it, but that would involve that we start with a 20-25 point headstart!

We were 32 points off 4th this season, and it's not like we have signed Cavani, Ronaldo, Van Persie and Thiago to rectify that ;)

Who are these "people" who are "predicting" 4th? Please show me two. Any two. Okay then, one?

Bloody hell, it's pretty easy to whip you up into a frenzy without any actual factual reasons :)

Frenzy? With a pun and a smiley included? Maybe it's my Norwenglish making me look mopey.

Go back one page and there's one or two guys mentioning 4th, if not entirely serious. 

Haha people predicting 4th? That is crazy, albeit romantic :)

I think we can do it, but that would involve that we start with a 20-25 point headstart!

We were 32 points off 4th this season, and it's not like we have signed Cavani, Ronaldo, Van Persie and Thiago to rectify that ;)

Who are these "people" who are "predicting" 4th? Please show me two. Any two. Okay then, one?

Bloody hell, it's pretty easy to whip you up into a frenzy without any actual factual reasons :)

Frenzy? With a pun and a smiley included? Maybe it's my Norwenglish making me look mopey.

Go back one page and there's one or two guys mentioning 4th, if not entirely serious. 

Ok, so the "people" "predicting" 4th are:

One bloke who said "1st" :)

and me. I said:

"Keep Benteke and sign a good AM: 4th - 9th; Lose Benteke and sign nobody good: 9th - 14th"

So I've said that we'll finish somewhere from 4th to 14th, and suggested that we have a remote chance of 4th IF we keep Benteke and sign a good player in the AM position.

Don't forget that Newcastle finished 5th two seasons ago, and 16th last season. There's a fine line between narrow defeats and lucky wins.

It's not just you who's seized on this btw. A certain *cough* *cough* moderator did as well. I can see how riots get started :)

Signing so many unknown fairly inexperienced players (not complaining) only means we'll struggle at times again, just hope we dont have a december/january of last season at some point in this season. I'd like to say 10th but i think more 12th-14th but to be quite honest aslong as were not shitting it with 2-3 games to go again i'll be happy!

I think we will finish comfortably mid-table. That has to be the target really. We have a settled team and new signings who have all been bedded in early, and a fairly expansive style of football that our players have grown accustomed to.

Impossible to say at the moment, we've no idea what impact the players we've brought in will have, also other teams haven't done much business. I'd be hoping to break 50 points. I think points are a better performance indicator as sometimes the league can be very squashed.

Looking at the team now, realistically if Lambert's plans come together I think we can finish 10th. I'd be really impressed with any higher than that. Praying for a season where I'm not bricking it towards the end of each game.

FFS, we WILL finish in the top half.

Seriously, if Paul Lambert can't get us six more points in his second season he should be sacked. And I say that as a huge fan.

Thing is a lot of other clubs' fans will currently be saying the same thing. Everybody wants to move forwards. Some will, some wont and some will move backwards. But everybody will currently be thinking an extra 6-10 points moves us up a notch.

I think we'll finish 12th. But be very clearly around the 9th-12th mark throughout the season rather than trying to push up in to it come March.

Strange comment from someone saying we could finish 9th - 14th?

Touche. :)

Although I did say that was if we lost Benteke and didn't sign a good AM. Just about everyone seems to be predicting we'll finish bottom half even WITH Benteke.

But screw it. I'm revising my prediction. We'll finish top half anyway :)

Strange comment from someone saying we could finish 9th - 14th?

Touche. :)

Although I did say that was if we lost Benteke and didn't sign a good AM. Just about everyone seems to be predicting we'll finish bottom half even WITH Benteke.

But screw it. I'm revising my prediction. We'll finish top half anyway :)

Is that IF we buy a good AM as well or are you getting your balls out and definitely saying we will finish top ten whatever?  ;)

Â