Where will we finish ?

Some crazy predictions here - 4th?  :D

Anywhere between 8th - 17th for me. I really can't call it at the minute. If Benteke leaves and the new guys don't settle quickly I think we are Fooked!

More fooked than Cardiff, or Hull?  Joe Kinnear's Newcastle?  How about Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Fulham, West Brom, West Ham?

I don't know mate,  not really thought about it that much. I don't really know where we will end up hence my broad prediction. I suppose I just think we will struggle if benteke leaves and the signings do not hit the ground running. That is all I meant. Didnt mean it to sound like I thought we would go down as it clearly has come across.

We were 5 points off 9th at the end of the season so I believe it's easily achievable if we can take our last 4 months form over a season. If we improve even more who knows.

• Like 1

Some crazy predictions here - 4th?  :D

Anywhere between 8th - 17th for me. I really can't call it at the minute. If Benteke leaves and the new guys don't settle quickly I think we are Fooked!

Positive as always!

I do sincerely apologise for posting my opinion.

Your right, it is very negative of me to say that we can finish 8th baring in mind the season we have just had. Never mind though, don't take that into account when your unfairly quoting my post.

Dee dums...

How was I "unfairly" quoting your post?

In my humble opinion you were being overly negative.

BTW - Apologies accepted.

• Like 2

Hoping for top 10th personally, but this season is really hard to say how we will perform. I expect more players to come in also so there are definently some points that we are going to lose on mistakes and so on next season as well, I hope people are prepared for that. Of course, things should be more stable now but Lambert is still building his squad, and the transfer policy we have does not allow us to big up all those "safe" signings. I love it though, don`t know what to expect really but I am so hyped to see the danish boys in the villa shirt. Gonna be fantastic. And Tonev...that inevitable screamer he will eventually put in here...that moment. 

Great thing about all this is that we can really take teams by a surprise in the next season as there is now a lot of "potentials" in our squad, so they can really hit it off exceptionally well. Which also means it can bomb pretty quickly. I know at least I am gonna stand behind the team and Lambert, this is the way to go and I fully believe in them.

• Like 1

And I thought I was an optimist. 4th? Provided Martinez isn't a disaster I think our best realistic hope is to be next behind Everton in 8th.

• Like 1

And I thought I was an optimist. 4th? Provided Martinez isn't a disaster I think our best realistic hope is to be next behind Everton in 8th.

I'm the only one who has even mentioned 4th place. I said we can finish 4th - 9th with the proviso that we sign a good AM and keep Benteke. I stand by that. Of course the AM in question would have to be pret-ty good, and our other signings would have to turn out as well as we dare hope.

We'd only have to be slightly better than Newcastle were the season before last.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Yep I agree with this, I think the top 7 from last season will remain unchanged, I see no reason though why we can't be the best of the rest, and then over the next few years build a challenge again against Everton, Liverpool and probably Spurs for a top 5/6 slot and with it a route into Europe. Sadly, I cannot see us mounting a realistic challenge for a top 4 spot in the foreseeable future.

Haha people predicting 4th? That is crazy, albeit romantic :)

I think we can do it, but that would involve that we start with a 20-25 point headstart!

We were 32 points off 4th this season, and it's not like we have signed Cavani, Ronaldo, Van Persie and Thiago to rectify that ;)

Speaking to a very good friend of mine who is an ardent Man U supporter. He thinks with Fergie retiring and the coaching staff being replaced it might take his team a couple of seasons to recover from that so his expectation is now top four rather than the expectancy to keep winning the Premiership.

He also believes as i do that the quality of the Premiership has dropped so it might allow one or two more surprises i.e with teams like Everton gate crashing the top four on a more regular basis.

So its not out of the question if we can show the right ambition by signing more quality that we can over the next couple of seasons be one of those teams who begin to nibble away at the top six to start off with and then progress again.

With the form shown in last season's run in and if we keep Benteke and sign a decent AM then i see us in and around 8th with much room to progress beyond the following season for the reasons stated.

Edited by Morpheus

Haha people predicting 4th? That is crazy, albeit romantic :)

I think we can do it, but that would involve that we start with a 20-25 point headstart!

We were 32 points off 4th this season, and it's not like we have signed Cavani, Ronaldo, Van Persie and Thiago to rectify that ;)

Who are these "people" who are "predicting" 4th? Please show me two. Any two. Okay then, one?

Bloody hell, it'd be pretty easy to whip you up into a frenzy without any actual factual reasons :)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Â