Where will we finish ?

7-12th

Only for Moyes leaving Everton I'd have said 8-12th, but you never know what'll happen there. We almost definitely won't finish ahead of any of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, City, Spurs or Liverpool, but if things don't go according to plan for Martinez, that 7th spot could be wide open

I'd accept 12th and up, and that implies that we stay there for the season instead of winning 5 of the last 10 games to get there :)

Last season was terrible, the feeling I had around Christmas was utterly atrocious.

With the squad we have, well, we cannot except to challenge the big boys in any way, but if everything goes our way we can hope for 8th or 9th and that would be excellent.

• Like 2

as I said in Lambert thread the top 6 is locked for now but with Martinez at Everton I think their is not that much difference between other teams.

7-9th is realistic to what we should be aiming for

Facetious alert.

1st-20th

The sad thing is, up to 15-20 years ago that was genuine expectation.

Yup. It's a disgrace the way FIFA, UEFA and the FA have allowed it to get to the point where you know exactly who's going to finish in the top 4 places.

Another annoying thing is that if it comes to it (and I don't think it will) is we will have to prioritise finishing 17th in the league ahead of winning the FA cup, the oldest football competition in the world.

Another annoying thing is that if it comes to it (and I don't think it will) is we will have to prioritise finishing 17th in the league ahead of winning the FA cup, the oldest football competition in the world.

Disagree - Only that French tw*t with the dodgy ticker ever abused & disrespected the FA Cup, something I shall never forgive him for.

The FA Cup is Villa's Cup.....I've always believed that & I;m certain we'll take it seriously.

Disagree - Only that French tw*t with the dodgy ticker ever abused & disrespected the FA Cup, something I shall never forgive him for.

The FA Cup is Villa's Cup.....I've always believed that & I;m certain we'll take it seriously.

But the general consensus is that our season last years was better than Wigan's.  They won the second best prize in English football but so much emphasis and importance is directed towards upon simply being able to participate in the prem, just due to final implications indicates to me that the world is fooked.

• Like 1

50 points and upper mid table are reasonable targets I think.

Was gonna be what I wrote.

I think you can aim for a points target but you can't predict your finishing position. 50 points is my target, and that could be enough for top half.

• Like 1

This is about as difficult as a prediction for a season as I can remember. I wouldn't be surprised to see us challenging the top eight, as I trust in Lambert and his judgement. But at the same time, I wouldn't be too surprised to see us struggle again with our young and inexperienced squad.

Either way, there'll never be a dull moment.

Some crazy predictions here - 4th?  :D

Anywhere between 8th - 17th for me. I really can't call it at the minute. If Benteke leaves and the new guys don't settle quickly I think we are Fooked!

Positive as always!

• Like 1

Top 10, I'm thinking 8th. Best of the rest so to speak. I think with a bit of luck and based on what happens to Everton I don't think 7th is too crazy either. I'd be very disappointed if we didn't make much progress from 15th considering a lot of players have now had a full Premier League season under their belt.

Again I suppose this all depends on if Benteke stays. Very disappointed if he goes. He surely owes us at least one more season and he gets a pay-rise. I mean we took a gamble with him, he could at least show an ounce of loyalty and respect back.

Anywhere between 8th - 17th for me. I really can't call it at the minute. If Benteke leaves and the new guys don't settle quickly I think we are Fooked!

Positive as always!

I do sincerely apologise for posting my opinion.

Your right, it is very negative of me to say that we can finish 8th baring in mind the season we have just had. Never mind though, don't take that into account when your unfairly quoting my post.

• Like 2

More fooked than Cardiff, or Hull?  Joe Kinnear's Newcastle?  How about Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Fulham, West Brom, West Ham?

Â