Villa Lose Yet Again

JohnCresswell

Cole at DErby - I NEVER take a friendly as a debut! And Milan was the difference in the game v Blackburn as he got the winner, and when Berger came on we should have scored more....

But anyway back On Topic there have been three games this season where I've seen it said that 'It was one of those days' Bolton, Spuds (H) and now this one. You cannot keep haing 'One of those days' or it becomes 'another normal Villa game'

I don't think we are bad enough to go down but we do have to stop this run very quickly, which does not necessarily mean win one, lose two. We need to get back to picking up points in far far more games.

True enough, except if we win one lose two between now and the end of the season we'll be safe :-)

I think we'll do a bit better than that

Young and Carew have only played one match so-far. I watched the game and we did dominate and were unlucky not to do alot better playing away even. Imagine what our new lads can do when they've played a few more games for Villa and get to know the team. I think we'll do well over the next month.

I'm a little irritated by the negativity of the report but at the same time I fully understand the frustration.

If that was a boxing match we would have easily won on points... Still fact is it is does come down to results and this is another in the loss column.

However, if we manage to avoid pathetic starts like this one then I have no doubt - no doubt whatsoever - that we will do ok from here on in.

I can't believe this report. It's exactly the negativity I'd have expected last season!

But come on John, you're welcome to your view, but is life really that bad? You obviously weren't at the game, nor did you watch you highlights, which I really can't understand, but anyway!

We still have a team that is overly DOL's. Martin is trying to build a side, and realistically, this will take arond 2 years. He has made some mistakes, the most prominent being at old trafford with hughes in Midfield, but look at the way we attacked vs the Barcodes! Carew and Young look astute signings and this only after having spent a few days together.

I'm a little surprised MON didn't recruit a midfielder, though maybe the right targets weren't available. I personally think we need a ball winner (as McCann is too inconsistent for my liking) and a quality defender along with a new keeper.

But please, keep the faith. I'm the first one to kick off when things are awful on the pitch, but this is an huge advance on last season, and although the results aren't going our way, and there is a real need to improve in certain quarters, look at the situation.

Improved players in some areas

New owner who seems to care about our club and history

Money to spend in a transfer window

A manager who has a grasp of the English (Irish!!) language and can articulate himself when we loose, rather than spouting 'Eeeeerm', 'Eeeerm', 'We're an honest bunch of lads' etc etc

A manager who kicks every ball and is not just a cardboard cut out!

So please, all I'm saying is give it two years. If we're still in the same situation and you're still writing depressing articles like this, I'll do a streak off the Holte End!

Up the Villa

Jamie

Â