10 years forward or 10 years back?

Genie

When make the jump in either direction would I be stranded or could I return back to normal? If I was stranded, I'd go buy sports result book, bet in the results. However, if I could come back I'd go forward, again buy a sports book and then come back to modern life. The fact being I'd like to see what changes the future would be like, whereas goin back I would already know what the world is like in ten yrs time (ie now).. Either way I want loads of money

• Like 1

Also was thinking, even if you went back you're old self would also be there so you couldn't really change what you did due to the paradoxes involved. Also going back wouldn't change your personality or turn you into a superhuman so in theory could you actually change things like terrorist attacks?

I would go back 10 years and kill Miles Bennett Dyson.

21-best-terminator-moments-420-75.jpg

didn't Armageddon still happen even though he died ?

It had to be happen.  Had Judgement Day ever been averted, it would have created a paradox whereby Kyle Reese would never have travelled back in the time in the first place to have sex with Sarah Connor.  Ergo, had the franchise finished at the end of Terminator 2, the world would be saved but John Connor would blip out of existence.

tumblr_lseeoetYtE1qbw3a4o1_400.gif

That bugs me.. It's still a paradox though, right?

John sends Kyle back to protect his mother and she get's pregnant, but John wouldn't have been born if he had not sent Kyle back in time, so in other words he could never have been born. Does not compute!!!

That bugs me.. It's still a paradox though, right?

John sends Kyle back to protect his mother and she get's pregnant, but John wouldn't have been born if he had not sent Kyle back in time, so in other words he could never have been born. Does not compute!!!

I just assumed John Connor was still born ..just with a different father   and genetics ... I figure the brainwashing from his mother stayed consistent regardless of the father

In a variant, I often think I'd like to go back and have a (two-way) conversation with my younger self - but the caveat is that "he" would have his memory wiped of the whole thing the second I return to the present. Thus no paradoxes.

If I were to go back 10 years and converse with my 10-year-old self:

"Hey lad. You know Jesus? Yep all of it is bollocks. And you will realise it eventually."

Also "get ready for your life to be **** up"

Â