Which of the new batch are you most excited about?

BleedClaretAndBlue

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new signings so far excites you the most?

• Aleksander Tonev
    • Nicklas Helenius
    • Jores Okore
    • Antonio Luna
    • Leandro Bacuna
  2. 2. Do you think there will be more additions?

• Yes regardless of sales
    • Not unless we sell first
    • Not even if we do sell some players

Which of our 5 new signings do you have the highest hopes for? Its been refreshing to see us getting our business done early, lambert has clearly had an idea of what he wants to do in the close season in preparation for preseason and he's done just what he said he would in keeping with his "youth policy".

I really think Jores Okore will be something special, im more excited about him than any other right now but im really looking forward to seeing how Tonev and Helenius will develop here, they could prove to be absolute steals. As for Bacuna and Luna, dont know what to expect but hopefully they'll add good competion within our ever-growing squad.

Bottom line is Lambert has braught a feelgood factor back to this club since those Bradford games, we all trust him and his vision for AVFC now, i for one cannot wait for the new season =D

Okore.

EDIT due in part to that video against Chelsea. We obviously need to tighten up at the back and Jores could be key to this. He's also a likeable chap and I can see him becoming a favourite with the fans.

Edited by coda

I think Okore is straight in to the team and because we're lacking in the wide area, so is Tonev.  I think PL is continuing in his brilliant and brave approach of speculating on young, hungry players and I therefore don't think any of the others are necessarily starters in the first half of the season.  Personally I'm excited about Helenius but if he's regularly playing then it'll only mean one thing and I don't want that!

I can't answer this question at the minute. I know absolutely zero about any of them. They could all be dog turd as easily as they could be superstars for all I know.

FWIW, whilst I am pleased we are doing things early, and I like the investing in youth policy (though I think it is going too much towards youth), I can not say any of the signings have got my pulse racing. I can't say any of them will go straight into the team and make it better tbh - but again, that is due to my lack of knowledge rather than their lack of ability.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 3

Helen for me, She seems like a player the premier league hasn't seen before and will be interesting how she settles into it.

I would say Okore but it's harder to get excited about defenders IMO. Despite that i do think that Okore will become the most successfull signing out of all of them.

Okore, without a doubt.

I actually want Okore and Luna to be better than expected, because theirs are the positions we have all known need addressing for ages. The others might prove useful squad players once they're up to speed, but I feel Jores and possibly even Antonio could well walk straight into the side.

Okore excites me the most but at the same time I think, like benteke, he won't be here long.

I think helenius could be the one that ends up becoming a bit of a hero for the long term.

partially agree but thing with defenders is they usually dont move on until they are more mature and Okore is still only about 20. Look at Cahill he was at Bolton a good few years same with Jagielka and even Sol Campbell

I can't answer this question at the minute. I know absolutely zero about any of them. They could all be dog turd as easily as they could be superstars for all I know.

FWIW, whilst I am pleased we are doing things early, and I like the investing in youth policy (though I think it is going too much towards youth), I can not say any of the signings have got my pulse racing. I can't say any of them will go straight into the team and make it better tbh - but again, that is due to my lack of knowledge rather than their lack of ability.

Why not form an opinion anyway? :) You said yourself before - "We have absolutely nothing concrete to go on so opinions will be made" and "So something has to happen for people to form opinions?". Go on, who out of that list has gotten you the most intrigued based on nothing other than fan curiosity :)

No pressure on Okore then...

20 yrs old, very little experience and is apparently positionally weak. I hope he's given time. The classic English mentality of build em' up and knock em' down 'yay he's shit'? I hope not.

• Like 1

My knowledge of any of them has only really come from comments made on this forum, so I don't really know what to expect from any of them. Will go for Bacuna, I sense that his drive and workrate could see him stand out as a good premiership player.

Â