Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I don't know why one must be sold.

I can't imagine their wages would be significant so why can't we give them another season to develop and compete for a place?

Yep, at the same time we keep our squad bolstered in case of injuries and so on too.

How is Luna's English? Perhaps some of his positional problems are down to poor communication. Could just be it took him a while to settle. I wouldn't write him off just yet, he's got a good chance to be a decent squad member, maybe even in a midfield role.

I like Luna. His positioning let's him down, but other than that, he's been a better player than Bennett. One good game against Chelsea, and now Bennett is the 'flavour of the month backup leftback' (quite a title). I think it's a shame that one of Luna and Bennett will probably have to be sold.

Bennett last two games with us were very good .. "Chelsea and Chelsea" , I'm not sure if he played against Wigan or didn't though .. Against Cardiff he was RM so I won't count it ..

Luna had his chance this season , I haven't seen anything special ! He try to dribble and usually fail , Don't know how to cross .. And his defending is average at best .. 

Bennett didn't have a proper chance last season ! When he came against Spurs he got injured then struggled to get back to the team sheet .. when he came the whole team were struggling , His confidence level wasn't that good I'd say .. But he's good with the ball , And he's not far from Luna defensively , if he wasn't the same ..

Luna had a good game against Man City .. That's what I remember where he had a very good game ..

I can't imagine their wages would be significant so why can't we give them another season to develop and compete for a place?

I think its obvious that we have a very strict budget on our wage bill. Thus his wage could be used to bolster an area we need work on (ie the midfield).

If we can keep Bertrand then he should go TBH

Our squad would be lopsided though. Three left backs when two of our centre halfs can and have played there this season is too much especially when they'd all be on a similar wage.

Compare that to RB where our options are a midfield playing there and Lowton who's been out of favour for months now. I'm struggling to think of many other players in the squad who could actually play there.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it means anything but Luna just tweeted:

Vamooooooooooooooooooooioooooooooooosssss coñooooooooo,dicen que nunca se rinde!!!!! Que grandeeeeeeee !!!!! #VamosmiSevilla

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntoniiioLuna

Which in my pigeon Spanish means something about 'never playing' 'how great' and the hashtag means I'm going to Seville. Hmm... does it mean we're more likely to sign Bertrand, or perhaps I've completely got the translation wrong!?

He's praising Sevilla (his former club) for making it Europa final tonight.

"C'mon ******. They say never give up. How big (the win)!!!! Go Sevilla

Ha ha, I was miles away! Oh well, cheers mate.

Not sure if it means anything but Luna just tweeted:

Vamooooooooooooooooooooioooooooooooosssss coñooooooooo,dicen que nunca se rinde!!!!! Que grandeeeeeeee !!!!! #VamosmiSevilla

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntoniiioLuna

Which in my pigeon Spanish means something about 'never playing' 'how great' and the hashtag means I'm going to Seville. Hmm... does it mean we're more likely to sign Bertrand, or perhaps I've completely got the translation wrong!?

Sevilla have just got to Europa League final the Express and Star reporter made the same mistake last game!!!!

it would be better to have luna as back up LB to bertrand (hopefully) than bennett, yes no doubt someone will pop up and say bennett has been improving, but hes still a weak little boy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He's a difficult one. He started well last season, and looked a good addition most of the time for the first few months. Then he entered a horrible period before and around Christmas, culminating in that game where Valencia professionally embarrassed him. He didn't really recover from that. 

I wouldn't mind him playing a few games again, as long as an emphasis in training has been on his positioning. He did have better stats than Bertrand in every area, and I don't think Bertrand was actually any real improvement. This lad has some potential, but boy does his positioning need to be better. It's academic though, in all likelihood - the loan of Bertrand strongly suggests Lambert doesn't trust either Luna or Bennett, and I would expect us to sell one of them, and spend some of our tiny pot, on a new LB this summer. 

Â