Weimann Agbonlahor

Benteke

i wouldn't mind switching to

Guzan

Okore Vlaar Baker

Lowton Luna

Westwood El-Ahmadi Delph

Benteke Helenius

With Helenius' comments in the paper, about Villa seeing him playing as a striker, in a wide-role or 'in the hole', I think we could line-up like this:

-------------------- Guzan --------------------

Lowton ---- Okore ----- Vlaar ------- Luna

------- Westwood ------ Sylla/ Delph ------

Wiemann ------ Helenius ------- Weimann

------------------- Benteke -------------------

............................Guzan
 Lowton........Okore.......Vlaar.........Luna
 ...................Sylla.....Westwood/Delph 
Weimann...........Tonev................Gabby
.........................Benteke 

Subs: 
Bacuna
Bennett
Baker... 

With Helenius' comments in the paper, about Villa seeing him playing as a striker, in a wide-role or 'in the hole', I think we could line-up like this:

-------------------- Guzan --------------------

Lowton ---- Okore ----- Vlaar ------- Luna

------- Westwood ------ Sylla/ Delph ------

Wiemann ------ Helenius ------- Weimann

------------------- Benteke -------------------

now taht would be interesting to see. Except you probably meant Gabby on the left. I wonder how it will look when we play Tonev compared to gabby, I reckon he will be a little bit more aggressive and cut in a little bit more, perhaps taking a shot time to time. 

Given all the reports from our Danish friends I think Helenius will not be a starting player for us (not yet at least). He needs time and then he'll be ready.

It will be much of a muchness from the team we ended the season with. I can't see Lambert wanting to make giant changes to the starting line up without giving players chance to gel, to get used to the game over here and to really see his new charges in action!

Also, after putting his faith in them for most of last season, I don't see him not rewarding them for the hard work they put in and the end result.

I think the 532 can work you know. There, I said it.

The 4231, could but would need work as an attacking midfield 3 of Weimann, Gabbo and Helenius is too attacking for me, they are all strikers by trade.

With the squad as it stands currently I'd say Guzan, Vlaar, Okore, Lowton, Delph, Westwood, Gabby and Benteke are all nailed on to start with the other three places up for grabs.

Some may disagree on Westwood and Delph but Delph in particular was excellent for the last 3-4 months of last season and him and Westwood were getting a great understanding going.

Â