Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Thanks for the update mate. Helenius tweeted the other day that he was happy we got the win and he was looking forward to getting back in the squad soon. I think (and I hope) that he'll get a shot before the end of the season, he deserves it!

• Like 1

28df4ab0968611e3b2210e2d95a78a0b_8.jpg

Poor Helenius, can't even hold down a place at the white table.

He looks like he's been Photoshopped into the image.

So Sylla is drinking a Mojito. But what is Tekkers drinking there? is it a pina colada?

Judging from the performances of Sylla and Tekkers since this photo was taken, I think its clear we need to get the whole team drinking Pina Coladas with a strawberry on the side. That's the only chance we have of beating United and Stoke. We need to ban Mojitos as well.

We should be alright then.

Do remember that after the sheffield match Lambert said Helenius would get a chance. But nothing happened, I thought we would have seen him around the west ham game or so but nothing, and then he was suddenly out of the squad so there must have been some injuries.

When Helenius first came, I'm sure the interviews mentioned that he would try to break into the team, possibly meaning that all along, Lambert has bought him as a player for the future. However, when he played most of the pre-season games, we all thought he'd be playing a bigger part. I'd like to think that he'll still be here next season, and he'll be getting the chances off the bench that have been given to Tonev this year.

When Helenius first came, I'm sure the interviews mentioned that he would try to break into the team, possibly meaning that all along, Lambert has bought him as a player for the future. However, when he played most of the pre-season games, we all thought he'd be playing a bigger part. I'd like to think that he'll still be here next season, and he'll be getting the chances off the bench that have been given to Tonev this year.

He won't get many then if that's the case.

He won't get many then if that's the case.

6 starts and 9 sub appearances, most in the seasons first half?

Helenius isn't good enough. I trust Lambert's judgement.

Being not ready and being not good enough are 2 completely different things.

Really? He's mainly a center forward isn't he? Yea he can also play behind the striker, but we don't play a formation which use that position. Also, i think Kozak, Benteke, Gabby or even Weimann are miles ahead of him in that role.

Edited by villalad21

Being not ready and being not good enough are 2 completely different things.

Really? He's mainly a center forward isn't he? Yea he can also play behind the striker, but we don't play a formation which use that position. Also, i think Kozak, Benteke, Gabby or even Weimann are miles ahead of him in that role.

Maybe we should just write another player off then.

Is that not an oxymoron?

After all, it was Lambert who signed him less than 12 months ago.

Half right... ;)
  • Like 1

Â