NOW TV

Nigel

Just watched my first film on Now TV last night (Spiderman BTW)...... very disappointing experience!

First the film is quite obviously not in HD (going to be a long time before this is fixed apparently too).  This would not be too bad if the film was at least a consistent picture quality, which unfortunately it wasnt. It kept jumping from okish to downright terrible, only to be made worse by the constant buffering.

The final nail in the coffin is that there are no TV shows on this service...how does it hop to compete with the other streamers without this?

I have signed up for 6 months (£15 deal) but tbh I doubt ill use it again.

Was thinking of signing up to Netflix, anyone use this?

Sounds wanky.

Is your broadband up to the task? Do a speed check and if you're clocking something reasonable (10mb+) I'd mail them the results and get your money back.

Broadband is currently running at a respectable 11.14 ATM.  

This could have been low as it was a Sunday afternoon; However id say the lagging issue is still quite common, looking at other forum posts.

'Wanky' sounds about right!

Edited by Nigel

I use netflix and it's pretty decent. Don't expect many new blockbusters but there's some good stuff from the 80s and 90s on there.

The TV choice is excellent. Breaking bad, lie to me, 24, House of Cards, Nurse Jackie, Prison Break, Lilyhammer, Louis Theroux etc

• Like 1

Whats KAT?

Kick ass torrents at a guess.

But I agree with the above. Netflix over a PS3 kicks big time ass. With a little sprinkle of Usenet connected to Sickbeard gives you the ultimate TV experience.

• 3 weeks later...

If you pay for Sky Movies as part of your TV package, but own either an Xbox or PS3, I would definitely recommend switching to Now TV. The app runs very smoothly on my Xbox and at an offer of £2.50 a month for 6 months it is far cheaper than having Sky Movies as part of your regular bundle.

I use Lovefilm to rent games before or instead of buying them.

I use Netflix as my main option, US Netflix that is, using a special proxy service that gives lets you access the full US collection of over 11,000 movies and TV shows.

• 2 weeks later...

If you pay for Sky Movies as part of your TV package, but own either an Xbox or PS3, I would definitely recommend switching to Now TV. The app runs very smoothly on my Xbox and at an offer of £2.50 a month for 6 months it is far cheaper than having Sky Movies as part of your regular bundle.

Big difference between the quality on Xbox and PS3.  I have it through the later and its worse than my laptop.

Netflix is 720p. Which isn't actually HD. It's somewhere between DVD quality (1024 x 576) and Full HD (1920 x 1080). 

Not quite sure on the bit rate of Netflix. BBC HD channels broadcast at around 16mbit/s, which they say is minimum. Netflix I think is around 5mbit/s.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Â