Jump to content

Golf: General Chat


villarule123
 Share

Recommended Posts

Masters starts today!

Justin Thomas seems a favourite with the "experts", Spieth has hit form at the right time and his record there is incredible. Seems quite open to me, plenty are in good form and capable.

Supposedly playing firm and fast unlike in November so should be exciting!

Who's your money on?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Masters starts today!

Justin Thomas seems a favourite with the "experts", Spieth has hit form at the right time and his record there is incredible. Seems quite open to me, plenty are in good form and capable.

Supposedly playing firm and fast unlike in November so should be exciting!

Who's your money on?

Koepka, Xander, Corey Conners and ............. Bubba

Spieth knows how to get it done if gets chance. Thomas and DJ will be close.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xander is a great player, really like his game.

There's a few decent long-shot each way bets about too, plenty with good course experience like Bubba, Rose, Scott, and Oosthuizen at long odds. Augusta always seems to bring up some surprises you never know!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like Tiger Woods was travelling at twice the speed limit when he crashed. My levels of sympathy have just dropped a fair amount. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seems like Tiger Woods was travelling at twice the speed limit when he crashed. My levels of sympathy have just dropped a fair amount. 

He’s a messed up dude, I still wouldn’t rule out anything intentional. Police are giving him benefit of the doubt saying he could have panicked and pressed the wrong pedal but Woods and vehicular mishaps aren’t exactly rare. I don’t know. Just glad no one else got caught up in it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

This one?

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

I had a quick skim but only saw talk of the pros. When it comes to golf, the only thing I'm a pro in is topping the ball, smacking it left to curl dramatically right or hitting the club head on my shin bone as I'm walking.

I also play cack handed because it feels so horrible and unnatural to me the other. I am right-handed, stand as a right hander but put my left hand lower than my right. My dad used to try and teach me out of it as a kid but gave up. I used to hit cricket shots like that too as well as rounders/baseball style. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 16/06/2021 at 00:12, Wezbid said:

I am right-handed, stand as a right hander but put my left hand lower than my right.

accuse the hunchback of notre dame GIF
 

Seriously, that sounds impossibly uncomfortable. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/06/2021 at 23:12, Wezbid said:

I had a quick skim but only saw talk of the pros. When it comes to golf, the only thing I'm a pro in is topping the ball, smacking it left to curl dramatically right or hitting the club head on my shin bone as I'm walking.

I also play cack handed because it feels so horrible and unnatural to me the other. I am right-handed, stand as a right hander but put my left hand lower than my right. My dad used to try and teach me out of it as a kid but gave up. I used to hit cricket shots like that too as well as rounders/baseball style. 

Sorry Wez, but having read that, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that it will be virtually impossible for you to become a competent golfer.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wow, bet he's put some hours in to be that good. It's a brilliant game and there are many ways to skin a cat, go for it wez.

Thanks, Phil, I have just signed up for a club membership. It comes with a 15 minute session with their PGA guy so I'll take that up and see what they can suggest. 

I'll hit the driving range and try and only hit right hand on the bottom all the time. If it still feels unnatural then I'll have to just go for it the unconventional way. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Mrs took a pic of me teeing off without me realising and sent me a load of pics from the day. This is how it looks. My front foot needs to be way more forward I see. Not sure if my arm is supposed to bend like that but I broke and dislocated the elbow in separate incidents over the years haha. 

OqaKUww.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

My Mrs took a pic of me teeing off without me realising and sent me a load of pics from the day. This is how it looks. My front foot needs to be way more forward I see. Not sure if my arm is supposed to bend like that but I broke and dislocated the elbow in separate incidents over the years haha. 

OqaKUww.jpg

It will feel horrible switching to conventional, which is what the Pro will probably ask you to try. Good luck mate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â