Golf: General Chat

villarule123

Really looking forward to the Masters this week.

I don't bet very often as I am generally terrible at it, but Sky were offering top 10 for each way bets, so I've had a dabble.

Rory 

Tiger 

Spieth 

Bubba 

Ol' lefty 

Brendan Grace 

The big names have shown some form so far this year. Spieth was a last minute pick based on his final round at Houston last week. 

Anyone else having a bet?

Edit: Anyone see Poulters performance last week? 123rd after first round and won it in a play off after a monster birdie on the 18th to force a tie. It was peak Ryder Cup Poults. 

Edited by wazzap24

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Edit: Anyone see Poulters performance last week? 123rd after first round and won it in a play off after a monster birdie on the 18th to force a tie. It was peak Ryder Cup Poults. 

Yes, I did.

I missed out on about £30 odd (Hossler at 125s) because of Poulter's jamminess. ;)

As they said in the coverage, Hossler's putt was in all the way until it bobbled right just shy of the hole (spike mark most likely).

It was, however, one hell of an effort from Poulter from Friday onwards. All a bit storybook given what happened the week before in the matchplay, too.

Edited by snowychap
effoort
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Anyone else having a bet?

Yup.

Covering a few of the top guys with free bets - Spieth(12s)/Day(14s)/Rory(10s).

I'll stick with Kuch (45s) as he brought back some beans last year and seems to be playing well; Rahm (25s) - even though he's been away from things for the last few weeks; and usual stalwarts like Schwartzel (80s).

Spieth's performance last week appeared ominous.

As you've said, some of the each way terms are quite generous. 10 places with Sky/Coral is quite decent considering the top 10 finish market they also offer.

• Like 1

I think some of the prices are a little short for quite a few of the fancied runners but 33/1 about Matsuyama looks a very big price with Bet365 paying 8 places.

He has finished 5th, T 7th, T 11th in the last three years.

• Like 1

For anyone wanting to follow the pre-TV stuff and without access to red button stuff then the tracker at the Masters website is worth a look - link.

For guidelines compliance:

Track will be available at the start of the Tournament
Track allows you to follow a player's shots and position data throughout the Tournament.

Gone for some small EW bets on Henley, Chappell, Matsuyama, Leishmann and Oosthuizen on Sky (10 places).

Par 3 was good last night, Nicklaus, Player and Watson rolling back the years! Nicklaus' 15 year old grandson hit a hole in one as well.

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

For anyone wanting to follow the pre-TV stuff and without access to red button stuff then the tracker at the Masters website is worth a look - link.

For guidelines compliance:

Guess who's in the featured group on the red button! :trollface:

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Guess who's in the featured group on the red button! :trollface:

:D

No problem with that, though.

I never tend to watch featured group stuff. Stick to Amen Corner and the 15th/16th along with the live coverage.

• Like 1

Â