Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He has a high turnover of players, will always get some right 

Think from memory he brought in around 20 players in his time with us when you chuck in all the loans and stuff

I'd love to see what a Steve Bruce £500m war chest shopping list looks like, the likes of Winks and Barkley on it maybe a Hudson Odoi 

edit  - had a look, bruce for us brought in 23 players in 3 windows

Mc Ginn 100m, Alan Hutton 2 year contract 200k a week, Tammy 150m, Axel 75m and Jack 200m. Then he will enter the loan market as FFP is working against him and he can't get the players in that he wants to but finishing 15th is a good place for Newcastle to be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bruce confirmed to be manager of Toon for the Spurs game 

Give him his 1,000th game in charge, a ceremonial bronze cabbage and let him toddle off to the nearest kebab shop with his 8 million pound kebab budget. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Give him his 1,000th game in charge, a ceremonial bronze cabbage and let him toddle off to the nearest kebab shop 

And a plaque letting him know that out of the managers with 1k games he has the lowest win percentage, most losses, the fewest goals and the most goals conceded 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Give him his 1,000th game in charge, a ceremonial bronze cabbage and let him toddle off to the nearest kebab shop with his 8 million pound kebab budget. 

There will be no presentation of a bronze cabbage or a watch or a silver kebab in the centre of the pitch to mark the occasion. I imagine there would be 52k people booing if there was 

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Love or hate Steve Bruce, the way sky have acted this week is despicable. They've as good as sacked him themselves. Absolute *******

They’ve probably got a SkyBet market on it that makes them money if he goes.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Are we going to do this before every game? Bruce is there to stay, he’s doing a great job!

It’s pretty shitty, as soon as he loses by 2-3 goals he knows he’s done. They are just waiting for a point to sack him without looking overly harsh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ve probably got a SkyBet market on it that makes them money if he goes.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s pretty shitty, as soon as he loses by 2-3 goals he knows he’s done. They are just waiting for a point to sack him without looking overly harsh.

You're not far away at all here Genie, hateful organisation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Love or hate Steve Bruce, the way sky have acted this week is despicable. They've as good as sacked him themselves. Absolute *******

Then will have idiots like Neville complaining when he is eventually sacked 

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t even think they’re waiting for that, I think they’re just lining up their ducks and once they have their man agreed Bruce will be gone, along with most of the coaching team I’d imagine. They’ll have to pay Bruce one way or another so might as well get some work out of him in the meantime I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They can just look at the league table, plenty of ammunition there. 

I'm really surprised that they've kept Bruce on for the game. I think it's clear he doesn't have a long term future there and they would have gained a lot of goodwill from the supporters in getting rid and replacing him with a caretaker for Saturday - they're going to get a new owner bounce for the next game or two and removing Bruce, even without doing anything else, would have kept the focus on those changes and a bigger future.

Keeping him leaves Newcastle sat in a strange limbo - the revolution has not yet begun, the Geordie nation are milling around, drinking Stella, staring at their trainers, waiting for a flag to rally around.

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not really though. The bloke is utterly useless. He was sacked before the takeover after the takeover.

He's garbage.

You've fallen for his woe is me routine. He's been stealing a living from clubs like us for a decade.

He's never there.

• Like 1

Â