Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

But the fans want them to have that day to day Geordie lifestyle 😜

The fans went nuts when Ashley hired staff from London, could you imagine if they relocated the club to London apart from games?

It would be hilarious.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The fans went nuts when Ashley hired staff from London, could you imagine if they relocated the club to London apart from games?

It would be hilarious.

It's a price worth paying for a top half finish that the fans deserve

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Regardless of who they sign/appoint, they wont even be in the Europa League next season, never mind the Champions League.

There are no guarantees they will even be in the Premier League next season. Bookies still have them as 4th favourites to drop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There are no guarantees they will even be in the Premier League next season. Bookies still have them as 4th favourites to drop.

They’ll get it right* eventually if the owners stick around and keeping pumping money in. I agree it won’t be anywhere near as instant as many believe it will be.

The pressure of the financial backing will weigh heavy on whoever they bring in to manage them. 

*by get it right I think top 6. Even with deep pockets they will struggle to out muscle the current top 4.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Don't know why anyone thinks FFP will be any sort of a hindrance.  They have owners who are happy to kill people who get in their way.  If they want to spend the money they will spend it.  FIFA and UEFA are in it for the money, no way in hell they have the balls to stand up to these guys.

4 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Don't know why anyone thinks FFP will be any sort of a hindrance.  They have owners who are happy to kill people who get in their way.  If they want to spend the money they will spend it.  FIFA and UEFA are in it for the money, no way in hell they have the balls to stand up to these guys.

They have banned clubs from competiting in europe before in fairness if they deliberately flout the rules. Pretty sure AC Milan were banned from europa for a season a few years ago.

This lot will probably get some Riyadh group to sponsor the bogs at the training ground though to get around the restrictions.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They have banned clubs from competiting in europe before in fairness if they deliberately flout the rules. Pretty sure AC Milan were banned from europa for a season a few years ago.

This lot will probably get some Riyadh group to sponsor the bogs at the training ground though to get around the restrictions.

Banning a club with little or no comeback is fine.  Banning a club with owners that you know have had someone chopped up and dissolved in a bath of acid for getting in their way is another thing altogether.  They won't need to make the threat and are far more likely to offer 'incentives' but there is always the unspoken threat of what happens to people who don't accept the offer.  Absolutely agree that the standard corrupt routes will be used in the first instance, I just don't think they will feel particularly constrained by the rules if the standard routes do not deliver the desired results.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Banning a club with little or no comeback is fine.  Banning a club with owners that you know have had someone chopped up and dissolved in a bath of acid for getting in their way is another thing altogether.  They won't need to make the threat and are far more likely to offer 'incentives' but there is always the unspoken threat of what happens to people who don't accept the offer.  Absolutely agree that the standard corrupt routes will be used in the first instance, I just don't think they will feel particularly constrained by the rules if the standard routes do not deliver the desired results.

I am sure if Ceferin turned up dead for banning Saudi Arabia then would be a huge scandal. He is close with Putin as well 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure if Ceferin turned up dead for banning Saudi Arabia then would be a huge scandal. He is close with Putin as well 

I don't think they will actually have to kill people, money will do all the talking.  Let's face it, these guys were already banned from taking over Newcastle then over time the objections at an organizational level just melt away.  But if you are a bean counter in FIFA and you find that Newcastle have broken the rules and you are offered a nice holiday to turn a blind eye...  The top dogs will never be under threat and frankly won't care if they are still raking in the cash, which I imagine is what cleared the path to the takeover in the first place.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

They’ll get it right* eventually if the owners stick around and keeping pumping money in. I agree it won’t be anywhere near as instant as many believe it will be.

The pressure of the financial backing will weigh heavy on whoever they bring in to manage them. 

*by get it right I think top 6. Even with deep pockets they will struggle to out muscle the current top 4.

I agree completely. They will most likely go through a few managers before they get it right too 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Paolo Fonseca or somebody coming in with little relegation battling experience could be a poor move. Wouldn't be surprised if its somebody like Big Sam until the summer

If they were to go for a Big Sam, they may as well just keep Bruce. He has managed to keep them up to date and with a few new players in Jan they will probably be fine and then get a new manager in the summer. To sack Bruce and bring in a short term manager would probably cost them close to 20m. That could be spent on new playing staff instead

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They also gave Chelsea a transfer ban a couple of seasons ago. That would hurt Toon more than any fine as it would really slow down their potential progress

28 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I think you are letting your imagination run away with itself a bit there

48 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree completely. They will most likely go through a few managers before they get it right too 

Honestly think they'll end up with Gerrard in the end.

Think he's the sort who'd walk out on Rangers mid season for this type of job (just like Rodgers did with Celtic) and he probably knows he won't get the Liverpool job post Klopp if it's just based on his Rangers spell, needs to prove himself in premier league first and he'd obviously have a ridiculous budget and players would want to play for him. Haven't they just appointed some guy to do their transfers who's worked with him at Rangers in the past so think that's a big clue.

They do need a holding manager e.g. someone better than Bruce but isn't expected to win stuff before they can target someone like Pochettino in 2-3 years. Wonder if Benitez actually regrets taking Everton job now as he'd have been ideal for them at this point given how popular he remains with the fanbase.

I'm keeping an open mind on Newcastle tbh. Perhaps it will fail but I remember thinking in 2008 how on earth Man. City would sign anyone decent given who they shared the city with (can remember Berbatov laughing at them trying to sign him in 2008) and likes of Kaka when he was still really good were turning them down. Didn't take that long for them to climb ahead of us and start winning stuff did they and now they're more established at staying at top of league than likes of Arsenal and Man. United which again you wouldn't have believed in September 2008. When was the last time Man. United actually finished above Man. City in the league table, 2013?

Â