Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

16 hours ago, Jareth said:

100% they have a problem - it is why 10 mil on severance etc is a major play on rafa - the perfect manager for now

Rafa would be a very good fit for them. I actually had thought of that. Toffee fans were all complaining when Rafa joined and wanted him out. If Amanda seduces Rafa to return to the Toon the Toffee fans will no doubt be moaning at the club for letting him go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The athletic are reporting that they've got £250 million set a side for the next few years. 

I'm not 100% convinced they are going to go crazy or actually can go crazy.

It would be perfect if the 'investment fund' actually functioned as an investment - 17th place the target every yer - perpetual Ashley 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It would be perfect if the 'investment fund' actually functioned as an investment - 17th place the target every yer - perpetual Ashley 

It would be hilarious, after their fans have sold their soul for it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would love it, LOVE IT, if this were true, but I wonder if they're just keeping things quiet and not rocking the boat too much until people calm down a bit. The deal is done, and that's not gonig to change, but currently 19 clubs are united against this and the last thing the new owners will want is any form of rule changes to investment that shifts the goalposts. 

Just now, sidcow said:

It used to be gut wrenching to me everytime I looked up and saw the Chinese flag fluttering above Villa Park.  Imagine seeing the Saudi flag flying over your ground.  

Shudders. 

That is a very valid observation!

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It used to be gut wrenching to me everytime I looked up and saw the Chinese flag fluttering above Villa Park.  Imagine seeing the Saudi flag flying over your ground.  

Shudders. 

Genuine question, is there Egyptian or American flag at villa park now?

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shudders. 

There wouldn't be a SAUDi Arabia if not for The British and American governments. - that's shudder worthy.

On a side note They (the followers of The Saud and As-Sheikh families) get so wound up with me when I refer to it as occupied Arabia.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There wouldn't be a SAUDi Arabia if not for The British and American governments. - that's shudder worthy.

On a side note They (the followers of The Saud and As-Sheikh families) get so wound up with me when I refer to it as occupied Arabia.

The Saudi dynasty were in control of the majority of the current Saudi Arabia before America was even founded, it is probably understandable why people who follow Saudi Arabia and the Royal family get wound up with you if you refer to it as occupied Arabia.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Shudders. 

Remember the early days of the Lerner era and hearing the ground chanting "USA!"? Used to make me feel dirty.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Remember the early days of the Lerner era and hearing the ground chanting "USA!"? Used to make me feel dirty.

Oohhhh.   Write USA! again. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed they won't be buying a club. Interesting about Liverpool as wasn't aware of that. Quick Google suggests it's largely due to Riise signing for them and roughly 1% of their population supports them. 

Nah, it goes back further than that. Loads of middle aged Norwegian men used to (still do?) wear Kevin Keegan/Kenny Dalgliesh pajamas, and have passed their perversions on to their offspring. 

• Shocked 1

Â