Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think Newcastle’s rise will be anything like PSG and Man City’s. You just can’t do that anymore with FFP. Yes they will no longer be a relegation candidate each season and will most likely become a midtable team pushing for top 6. But not much better than that anytime soon in my opinion.

UEFA attempting to ban City from the CL and being bullied out of that by £££££ and a team of lawyers bigger than the club's entire academy put paid to the notion that these types of powers can be regulated or punished in any way.

Mark my words, Newcastle's owners will basically be allowed to do what they want. Small fines here and there to keep up the appearance of there being a rule of law over the Premier League.

In reality it's still a case of who's willing to throw enough money at a problem to make it go away. 

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

If you were a player at Newcastle now would you give it your all until January or would you phone in your performance?

I mean apart from St Maximin who else is a new manager likely to keep?

I think they will be in a relegation scrap regardless of money.

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think Newcastle’s rise will be anything like PSG and Man City’s. You just can’t do that anymore with FFP. Yes they will no longer be a relegation candidate each season and will most likely become a midtable team pushing for top 6. But not much better than that anytime soon in my opinion.

I dunno. I expect the Crown Prince would be able to negotiate his way round anything blocking his way. I'm sure Boris would happily make sure that FFP isn't an issue.

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If you were a player at Newcastle now would you give it your all until January or would you phone in your performance

For the sake of your own career you give it your all obviously. At least to get next decent club to play for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I dunno. I expect the Crown Prince would be able to negotiate his way round anything blocking his way. I'm sure Boris would happily make sure that FFP isn't an issue.

"You scratch my warts, l'll scratch yours."

36 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

For the sake of your own career you give it your all obviously. At least to get next decent club to play for.

Yeah by that rationale they have been giving it their all under Bruce and are in the bottom 3 so change the manager it might work but it could get even worse.  Those players they sign in Jan have to gel.  Its going to be a relegation scrap.

£400m, Watkins,  Mings, McGinn and Martinez. Covered  by  a 1 corner flag sponsorship deal  for £500m, go to court if you dare. English courts lol......welcome to UK justice .

( at least this will show the general public how twisted UK law is )

Newcastle will win the league within 5 years and the champions league as well, probably before the league. Man cities owners will quit.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

If you were a player at Newcastle now would you give it your all until January or would you phone in your performance?

100% they have a problem - it is why 10 mil on severance etc is a major play on rafa - the perfect manager for now

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

UEFA attempting to ban City from the CL and being bullied out of that by £££££ and a team of lawyers bigger than the club's entire academy put paid to the notion that these types of powers can be regulated or punished in any way.

Mark my words, Newcastle's owners will basically be allowed to do what they want. Small fines here and there to keep up the appearance of there being a rule of law over the Premier League.

In reality it's still a case of who's willing to throw enough money at a problem to make it go away. 

Fair point but Man City had already become the best team in the league before FFP came in.  They had been able to set the foundations.  The job thats needed at Newcastle to make them challenge for even top 6 is on another level.  FFP will make exceptions I’m sure but not to the extent Newcastle will need to become a decent team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

They'll likely be offered a mahoosive bonus to keep the club in the league and then a sweet pay off when their contracts are bought out. But yeah, ASM is the only player with a realistic chance of being in the long term plans and they all know it. Will be a interesting second half to the season and a difficult job for whoever they bring in as manager.

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Saw someone make this comparison last night and I can't unsee it

iMwZIac.png

It's bugged me and sorry for dragging up this odd looking lady again, but has anyone thought that maybe David Icke is really onto something? I'll be waiting for a knock at the door from the Annunaki Planet Police.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Newcastle need at least a £500m to consistently finish mid table. 

They’ve finished mid table for the last 4 seasons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why is everyone suddenly trying to pretend Newcastle isn't a great city and the North East a great place to live?

Said before when players were moving to random places in China, if you earn £300k a week you could just about anywhere and be perfectly fine, Newcastle is no exception 

Apart from if city, psg, Chelsea, Madrid and Newcastle all chase the same player... If mbappe has the choice of Newcastle or Madrid next summer he's picking Madrid 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You can get from Newcastle to London in about an hour and a half on a private flight that costs a pittance for a Pl footballer. If the money is right, top players will go there.

Sure they could just train in London and travel up for games. Russian team Etoo joined used to do it from Moscow

Newcastle fans are being somewhat defensive and reactionary on twitter, not handling the attention and criticism of Saudi Arabia very well it seems. I'll be honest I never really liked them as a fan base and found them annoying, that softened due to seeing them go through everything with Bruce but they're now going to be unbearable. 

Â