Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

delusional - Tony Xia had similar ambitions too 

Xia was a fraud, and didn't have the wealth of a nation behind him. If the prince keeps his interest, it's hard to see them failing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Xia was a fraud, and didn't have the wealth of a nation behind him. If the prince keeps his interest, it's hard to see them failing.

Didn't he try to pretend the Chinese government backed him 😂

Will be very interesting to see how Newcastle develop over the next 12/18 months in the first instance. Firstly, they need to become competitive in the league and establish themselves as a top ten team. That won’t be easy. We’ve spent best part of £300m plus since being back and are still fighting our way into that top tier. Once they do that, it’s breaking into the top six and staying there. Big ask with FFP in play as Leicester have found out for example.

They’ll need a massive overhaul of the training facilities, improved infrastructure across all youth teams etc, improved sponsorship and shirt deals, all of which takes time.  A “five year plan” is very ambitious as we have seen and heard all before.

Going back the first team currently, a change of manager is a must, if only to attract a better standard of player and to show they mean business. Conte?  Emery? Or dare I say, Bielsa?  Alternatively, would they go for a Gerrard, Lampard, Terry type? Doubtful though.

I can’t see many current players lasting in that squad more than a year or two either, apart from perhaps Saint-Maximin, Wilson, Lascelles? I can see them picking up some of the leagues best players outside of the top six clubs initially to get them stable, ie Pope, Tarkowski, Aarons, Ward-Prowse, Sarr, Zaha, Toney, adding to that a few talented young buys from across Europe, ie Kamara, Isak, Botman, Damsgaard, David.  These young players will come for the massively improved contract and improved profile.  However, if Newcastle fans think they’ll be signing £100m players in the first two, three or four years, I think they’re going to be disappointed.

It’s all very intriguing and something that I’m not jealous of. We’re in excellent hands right now and if any of our staff/players were poached, then at least we’re in a strong position to replace any of them.  At least it makes the current big six look over their shoulder and be concerned. Let the fun begin.

I guess from their perspective you can be against something or someone until it's your club, be that the word removed John Terry being associated with a club, to racists, murderers or rapists being signed or the Saudi leaders ploughing money into your club. Football fans forgive everything and everyone sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

This illustrates pretty well Ashley's way of running the club and why he was hated by the fans up there.

image.png.133b4f2b613f17a04be239543b66c460.png

Bet most of our spend there was in the last couple of years of that 10 year period too. Newcastle were a prime undervalued commodity, with plenty of room for improvement. Shame that it was a despotic regime that saw the potential. 

Â