Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

50k people at 40 quid a head is 2m. Add in beer, pies and other shyte and it is 2.5m. 19 home game in the league and cup and Europe and it is well in excess of 50m a year. That is not an after thought for a company that has revenue in the low hundreds of millions

You can see their revenue streams here:https://www.statista.com/statistics/874020/revenue-of-premier-league-football-clubs-by-stream/

Last season was the second highest revenue season in Premier League history even though there was no match day revenue. 

It’s at the point where you no longer need any fans in the stadium to run the product. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It will be huge for them. It will increase their profitability and with P&S that will allow them to spend the money they want to on new players. If it is worth 50m a year that would be worth about 200m in transfers in a transfer window

It will be absolutely no different from today. It's been 90.1% full so far this season - the additional 5,000 fans will bring them an extra £3m this year. 

I suspect the incoming avalanche of commercial deals they're about to make will utterly dwarf that - in the next twelve months I would expect Newcastle to increase their commercial revenue by an enormous amount, something that dwarves their matchday revenues.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You can see their revenue streams here:https://www.statista.com/statistics/874020/revenue-of-premier-league-football-clubs-by-stream/

Last season was the second highest revenue season in Premier League history even though there was no match day revenue. 

It’s at the point where you no longer need any fans in the stadium to run the product. 

It was 12.84% of revenue last year. That is huge

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It will be absolutely no different from today. It's been 90.1% full so far this season - the additional 5,000 fans will bring them an extra £3m this year. 

That is exactly my point. We were discussing why buy Toon. Their stadium and amount of fans that rock up for a home game is a huge differentiator for them

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On who? Mercenaries that they will have pay off in 2 years. Yes the money is nothing but will destroy the market 

It will be interesting to see who Newcastle target. Good quality young players with a high ceiling or players of the ilk of James Rodriguez or other such mercenaries. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It will be interesting to see who Newcastle target. Good quality young players with a high ceiling or players of the ilk of James Rodriguez or other such mercenaries. 

They’ll fall into the same trap as the others.

Big name players on massive money who flop because they don’t really want to be there.

Eventually they’ll realise they need to put some kind of structure in place.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They'll probably spend 100 million in January...

And the rest IMO. It will be a huge January to guarantee their safety.

For all of Ashley’s downsides, Newcastle seem to have been run “well” from a business perspective. It wouldn’t surprise me if they turned over a profit for the last few seasons which could give them even more “FFP room”. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I suspect the incoming avalanche of commercial deals they're about to make will utterly dwarf that - in the next twelve months I would expect Newcastle to increase their commercial revenue by an enormous amount, something that dwarves their matchday revenues.

Because sponsorship has to reflect "market rate", doesn't that automatically increase the potential value of every other team's deals? 

Thus maintenaning a status quo for the likes of Man U and Plop?

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

At the end of the day they are still located in the middle of nowhere and that will be hard to bring in the top talent unless they allow them to live in London and fly up on matchdays. 

No problemo.  Just buy an airfield near London and a other one next to their training ground, or build a runway there and base a fleet of private jets at the airport to ferry them up and down.   They've probably got a fleet of private jets lying around doing nothing as we write. 

Just now, bobzy said:

And the rest IMO. It will be a huge January to guarantee their safety.

For all of Ashley’s downsides, Newcastle seem to have been run “well” from a business perspective. It wouldn’t surprise me if they turned over a profit for the last few seasons which could give them even more “FFP room”. 

They were profit for 2 of the last 3 seasons, last season was a loss of about 19m. But with Covid help on P&S they will be well in profit for the P&S accounting window and they are allowed 105m loss. They can spend very big if they want

Just now, Genie said:

I wonder if they’ll go after soon to be out of contract Mbappe as their marquee signing. 

£150m and £750k a week.

Will he be happy to play with Ciaran Clark, Joelinton and Isaac Hayden. His ego is already exploding playing with Neymar and Messi 😂

Just now, Zatman said:

Will he be happy to play with Ciaran Clark, Joelinton and Isaac Hayden. His ego is already exploding playing with Neymar and Messi 😂

This is the problem they’ll have. Players will put it to one side when they see the pound signs on the contract offer… then 3 months later the realisation lands and they stop giving a shit but refusing to move on unless they get paid off their 6 year contract.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is the problem they’ll have. Players will put it to one side when they see the pound signs on the contract offer… then 3 months later the realisation lands and they stop giving a shit but refusing to move on unless they get paid off their 6 year contract.

Nah, it won't happen - it very rarely does, in fact.

There'll be some dud purchases (there are everywhere) but this will be a serious threat to the top clubs and a test of FFP too.  I'm really intrigued to see how it all goes.  In many ways, I'd like them to do well with it... if only they had incredibly wealthy owners who weren't the Saudi state.  But yeah.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if they’ll go after soon to be out of contract Mbappe as their marquee signing. 

£150m and £750k a week.

He would want a proper pay rise if he is going to play for a team not competing at the higher end of a league table. Also Toon would not be able to afford him with FFP

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Very simplistic view.

Man City have a squad worth 1 billion pounds. 

Which is 1/20th of the Citeh owners wealth. 

If Newcastle spent 1/20th of their wealth that squad could be 16 billion....

We were hoping to crash the party but I could put good money on them being higher than us in the league within 5 years. 2-3 years if they stay up in the league. 

Man City were taken over 13 years ago and have spent 1 billion in that time. That's roughly 77 million per season.

If Newcastle are going to build a squad worth 16 billion in the same timespan then they will have to spend 1.2 billion per season.

If Newcastle can bring in an income of 1.2 billion per season to pay for that then Keffiyeh's off to them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â