Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Two questions for me on this (apart from the owners being in the top 1% of worst people on the planet)

1. Why Newcastle? Don't get me wrong, they're a big club in Newcastle, but they don't have the history of a Villa, Spuds, Everton etc...

2. What are the media going to be like when Newcastle win a trophy? The cringefest after Liverpool won the title went on and on and on. This'll be worse, they've not won anything for decades and Sky will be all over it licking the arses of the arabs.

• Like 1

Don't worry lads, by the time they are top 4 our exciting youth will be in the first team....................................................Yay!🤦‍♂️

Missed out chance for a cheeky bid for St Maximin too😪

Edited by foreveryoung

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

said before thats a load of nonsense

they're an investment firm currently looking to have a portfolio worth £400bn, that doesnt mean they have disposable income or £400bn sat in their back pocket - and they wont be selling their shares in facebook to fund a new training ground for the club, newcastle just become a £300m chunk of that portfolio

That’s true of the net worth of every other owner in that chart. None of them have all their net worth in disposable income but the wealth of Newcastle’s owners blows away the rest of the league.  

19 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Two questions for me on this (apart from the owners being in the top 1% of worst people on the planet)

1. Why Newcastle? Don't get me wrong, they're a big club in Newcastle, but they don't have the history of a Villa, Spuds, Everton etc...

2. What are the media going to be like when Newcastle win a trophy? The cringefest after Liverpool won the title went on and on and on. This'll be worse, they've not won anything for decades and Sky will be all over it licking the arses of the arabs.

Point 1 I agree its strange. West Ham or Arsenal would be better options as on London and also not impossible to buy 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Some brown envelops were passed around the Premier League to get this over the line you can be certain of that!

I don't believe that at all. With the amount of publicity this takeover had there is no way there would be brown envelopes. Also, if this is so bad for the top clubs in the PL why would they accept brown envelopes. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Point 1 I agree its strange. West Ham or Arsenal would be better options as on London and also not impossible to buy 

Point 1

Massive catchment for a single PL club. I believe the biggest in the PL

Huge stadium, will be packed every game

They are in PL

Football is a global business. People outside of England couldn't give a **** whether the club is in London or Newcastle and many won't even know the difference

300m is very cheap for what you get

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't believe that at all. With the amount of publicity this takeover had there is no way there would be brown envelopes. Also, if this is so bad for the top clubs in the PL why would they accept brown envelopes. 

So there was no publicity for the World cup 2022. Happens through big business all the time.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

So there was no publicity for the World cup 2022. Happens through big business all the time.

Sepp Blatter was in charge of FIFA then. Totally different. Also, the PL is 'owned' by the clubs in the PL. Way too many parties involved for brown envelopes. 

46 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

No chance. 2022 is Qatar, 2026 is Canada, US & Mexico. It will then be in Europe, Asia and Sth America before it can go to ME again. Also, there is likelihood it will be in Africa in the next 16 to 20 years too. 

Saudi Arabia are part of the Asian Football Federation. They could conceivably be in the running the next time it is Asia’s turn (but it will be a while with the Asian FF hosting 2022).

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Massive catchment for a single PL club. I believe the biggest in the PL

In terms of people it's absolutely not - it's an isolated city of around 280,000 people - if you mean in terms of space, then it might be, but having a lot of fields around your city isn't a catchment area. If you take a team in London that's a mile from it's nearest neighbour, it probably has a larger catchment in terms of population than Newcastle does.

I think the isolation of Newcastle might be a plus point for them, it gives them a town that they can make their own, that can become KSA-UK, I also think it's away from the glare of the media that London would bring them. I think the attraction might be that it's the biggest club in the smallest town available - like a super-Norwich.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

It’s not a given they will rise to the top. I think it’s extremely difficult to crack the top 4 let alone dominate.

Yeah, you need extremely rich owners like man City...........................................Ohh Wait?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of people it's absolutely not - it's an isolated city of around 280,000 people - if you mean in terms of space, then it might be, but having a lot of fields around your city isn't a catchment area. If you take a team in London that's a mile from it's nearest neighbour, it probably has a larger catchment in terms of population than Newcastle does.

I think the isolation of Newcastle might be a plus point for them, it gives them a town that they can make their own, that can become KSA-UK, I also think it's away from the glare of the media that London would bring them. I think the attraction might be that it's the biggest club in the smallest town available - like a super-Norwich.

I think there is about 100 miles between them and the nearest PL side. They only need to get enough people to fill their stadium each home game, after that it doesn't matter how big it is. They have a massive catchment in order to fill the stadium each game

Â