Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Never again!!! The referees down there are even worse than the Premier League ones. 

Fair, I am coming at it from the pretty unique angle of not wanting one of the most important things in my life to be owned by (and thereby my money go towards) a regime that would most likely execute me if I lived there though 😅

either way its not my club I'm talking about but I do feel for LGBTQI+ newcastle fans who actually have to deal with this as more than a thought experiment

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Re the takeover of the Geordies. They will be the richest club in the world. Man City will be like their feeder club. The Saud family are the main men in the Middle East. 

Even if the Reuben brothers took over without the Saud's they'd be one of the richest clubs.

Aramco St James' Park incoming. And they'll be laughing at the rest of the league when they buy the best players.

the sports wash side of it suggests that yeah they'll chuck some money in and make them as big as possible

there's no guarantee of it though...this whole court process is Ashley's doing not theirs, i think the woman and the brothers will try and give them a huge push but the notion that the saudi's will dip their hands in their pockets and go out and get mbappe next summer is way way off what will actually happen

add to that the rule changes that have come in post man city that the likes of us have to put up with, they'll have to put up with them too and i would imagine that a scorned PL will be on their spending like a tramp on chips

the biggest hope for me if it happens, which i still think is a massive if, is that bruce stays obviously but failing that they go for a big name manager someone like pellegrini, they then go for some huge name players like isco and the fans wet their knickers...and wont click for them because the appetite wont be there, theres nothing to suggest at the moment that the infrastructure behind bruce is any better than the state of the first team, no one coming through, no great scouting 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saudi's will dip their hands in their pockets and go out and get mbappe next summer is way way off what will actually happen

Errrr .....

Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe has been unveiled as a new £134 million Newcastle United signing on 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mbappe-newcastle-united-signing-griezmann-20763977.amp

tenor.gif.8ca71b1304c0fe6d5f74380fa1e4a010.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

greizmann would be the prime example, so far played 4 games for atletico since going back, who scored rating of 6.28, no goals, no assists, 73% pass accuracy, being subbed off around the 60 minute mark 

get him up at st james' for £80m and £400k a week

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So if Newcastle are bought by the Saudis, who is going to be kicked out of the Super League six? Spurs? Arsenal?

It'll be an earthquake - the top six won't want it, but it'll also have a huge effect on PSG, Real, Barca, Juve and co.

If Newcastle are taken over by the Saudi's then they're a couple of years away from being permanently in the top four - it's not just Arsenal and Spurs that are under threat of becoming like the rest of us, but a Liverpool or a Man Utd will find their income lines unpredictable and face the potential of losing the faith of their sponsors or their foreign fanbases. 

I think if the takeover goes through, we'll see another super league bid immediately - I don't think they can change the rules enough to stop the Saudis - so they'll need to change the structure to shut them out.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be an earthquake - the top six won't want it, but it'll also have a huge effect on PSG, Real, Barca, Juve and co.

If Newcastle are taken over by the Saudi's then they're a couple of years away from being permanently in the top four - it's not just Arsenal and Spurs that are under threat of becoming like the rest of us, but a Liverpool or a Man Utd will find their income lines unpredictable and face the potential of losing the faith of their sponsors or their foreign fanbases. 

I think if the takeover goes through, we'll see another super league bid immediately - I don't think they can change the rules enough to stop the Saudis - so they'll need to change the structure to shut them out.

You think the Saudis are pumping £300-500m in straight away? 

I just don't see it

Even as simple as stuff like this being Ashley taking the PL to court and not the consortium I don't see the desire there to rock up and blow everyone out of the water 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Newcastle are taken over by the Saudi's then they're a couple of years away from being permanently in the top four 

They'd still have to navigate FFP which is in place to stop something like that happening.  Technically it's the only thing stopping us spending our way into there too.

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

They'd still have to navigate FFP which is in place to stop something like that happening.  Technically it's the only thing stopping us spending our way into there too.

But the methods around it have been established to a large extent by City and PSG, they'd just follow the same blueprint. The Aramco Stadium St James for a couple of hundred as a starter, then a shirt sponsor that looks suspiciously like a Saudi state owned company and pays £60m a year for ten years. The Saudi's wouldn't be in it to mess about - they'd want to immediately be part of their peer group in Paris and Manchester and they'd want to top that group as soon as they could.

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I just don't see it

Even as simple as stuff like this being Ashley taking the PL to court and not the consortium I don't see the desire there to rock up and blow everyone out of the water 

500 million is literally pocket change to the Saudis. 

If they could they'd spend a billion (also pocket change) in the first window. 

As discussed, should they come in it depends on how long it takes them to work out they need a good footballing backroom to win.

It took Man City a few years to hire Txiki Begiristain from Barca before they started becoming a dominating club. 

Until then Newcastle will be saddled with overpaid, undermotivated mercenaries (Robinho, Teves, Jovetic even Santa Cruz at city.) 

Like I said before you think the PL after losing a court battle to them would then just take a back seat and them trounce FFP? 

I think the opposite, they'll watch them like hawks 

Newcastle with no CL, no real stature can't have a £60m a season shirt deal, they'd have to comply with market value and the shittest thing about FFP and why its brilliant for man utd et al is that if bottom half Newcastle do get a £60m shirt deal then how much is theirs suddenly worth? Etihad will magically be renewing their deal for £100m a season as market value has been shifted 

Newcastle would be the same as us

And then also like I said is there anything to suggest that the Saudis would be willing to throw that kind of money at them? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I just don't see it

You don't know the Saud's.

Edited by Sulberto21

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Even if they get the Saudis, best they can hope for us becoming like us. FFP will always hold then back.

It would hold them back for now, while its still in place. Potential switch to Salary Cap with Luxury Tax would open the door for them to spend though.

Let's hope we can keep the Saudis  out of them game from selfish Villa's perspective 😊

Edited by Czarnikjak

Â